Rounded FRAMEWIN

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rounded FRAMEWIN

Hello,

I am drawing a dialogue as below

static const GUI_WIDGET_CREATE_INFO _aDialogCreate[] = {
    { FRAMEWIN_CreateIndirect, "Round button sample", 0, 50, 60, 200, 120, FRAMEWIN_CF_MOVEABLE },
    { BUTTON_CreateIndirect, "Button", GUI_ID_BUTTON0, 100, 10, 80, 80 },
    }

I want my pop up window or FRAMEWIN as rounded frame.
    Is it possible to do that?

Regards
    Anu
  • Hi Anu,

to have a FRAMEWIN with rounded edges you might want to use skinning.
    To use the default skinning define the FRAMEWIN_USE_SKIN_FLEX macro as 1 in GUIConf.h.
    You are also able to configure the look of the skinning.
    Please have a look at the Skinning chapter in the emWin user manual.

Another possibility is to set your own drawing routine for the FRAMEWIN window with the function FRAMEWIN_OwnerDraw().
    How to use a custom drawing routine is described chapter 19.4.3 User drawn widgets.

Regards,
    Sven
  • Hello Sven,

Thanks for the replay. I have not fully understood with the below sentence

"To use the default skinning define the FRAMEWIN_USE_SKIN_FLEX macro as 1 in GUIConf.h"

I have added below code, but it does not seems to have any effect on my GUI.

FRAMEWIN_SetSkin(hWin, FRAMEWIN_SKIN_FLEX); // Sets the skin for the given widget
    FRAMEWIN_SetDefaultSkin(FRAMEWIN_SKIN_FLEX); // Sets the default skin for new widgets

Can u please elaborate again.

Regards
    Anu
  • Hi Anu,

FRAMEWIN_SetDefaultSkin(FRAMEWIN_SKIN_FLEX);
    Sets the default skin for all framewindows. It has to be called before creating the first framewindow, e.g. right after GUI_Init().

FRAMEWIN_SetSkin(hWin, FRAMEWIN_SKIN_FLEX);
    Sets the skin for a single framewindow. This has to be called after creating the framewindow to have the window handle hWin initialized.

Unfortunately I was wrong with defining FRAMEWIN_USE_SKIN_FLEX to 1.
    You have to add the following to your GUIConf.h to use flex skin for ALL widgets.
    #define WIDGET_USE_FLEX_SKIN 1

I tried all three ways to set the skin, all are working without issues.

Regards,
    Sven