[SOLVED] Breaking changes updating from JLINK SDK v4.56 to v.502

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Breaking changes updating from JLINK SDK v4.56 to v.502

I'm responsible for a software that uses the JLINK ARM Flasher to program STM32 processors, six at a time.

Now we've purchased JLINK SDK v5.02, mainly to support a new version of the STM32 processor, and I encounter problems when I try to update our software.

I installed the SDK on our development computer and copied the following files from C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_SDK_V502d, overwriting the old versions:

JLINK.h, JLINKArm.dll, JLINKARM_Const.h, JLINKARMDLL.h, TYPES.h and Version.h

The problem is that all the methods under the Flash Programming API section in the old JLINKARMDLL.h file has gone missing. I get errors saying that the following methods are unknown:

JLINKARM_FLASH_ ...CloseDataFile, ...Program, ...EraseChip, ...VerifyCRC, ...Verify, ...AddBank, ...SetClockSpeed, ...SetBankPara, ...OpenDataFile

I can't seem to find any similar methods in the new SDK. Have this functionality been moved to another DLL OR SDK?
  • Hi Bolddp,

unfortunately, Flash API was removed in Jan 2013 with V4.62 of J-Link SDK.
    All features which were provided by the Flash API are available in the General API.

The General API functions are described in UM8002 chapter 4 "General API", section 4.3 "API functions".
    An upgrade is strongly recommend, since V5.02 does not only introduce support for new devices, but also provides significant performance improvements (especially with Cortex-M cores).

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi, Niclas, and thx for the prompt reply!
    Yes, we will need to upgrade since a new processor model with larger memory has been introduced.

I'll have a look at the documents and post any problems I encounter during the refactoring here.

Best regards
    Daniel