[ABANDONED] JLINK will disable the watchdog in Freescale kinetis automatically?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JLINK will disable the watchdog in Freescale kinetis automatically?

Hi All,

Recently, I find when I use JLINK as the debugger and debug the Freescale kinetis product, the watchdog in kinetis product will be disabled automatically, no matter using which IDE, eg Codewarrior, IAR, MDK, all have the same result: watchdog is disabled, and I can assume that the code didn't do the watchdog disable operation.
    Actually, the watchdog in Freescale kinetis product is enabled after reset, so I want to know is the JLINK script do the watchdog disable operation in kinetis product? Because when I use P&E product(PE opensda, PE multilink), the watchdog is still enabled.
    Any reply will be appreciated!
  • Hi,

You need to be a bit more precise what Kinetis product you are using.
    There are tons of different series, all behaving different.
    Indeed for some series, the watchdog is disabled on debug start because it interferes a lot with flash programming etc.
    As for 99% of the users it is no problem that the WDT is disabled and these 99% also prefer a flawless debugging experience, it was a good choice :)

For some devices we managed to get it work with watchdog enabled and already removed the "auto-disable" in later versions.
    Which version do you use?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.