Can Flasher ARM device write Flash configuration register CS1 of STR912FAW44X6?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can Flasher ARM device write Flash configuration register CS1 of STR912FAW44X6?

Can anyone help me program STR912FAW44X6 chip (2 banks)? The chip has 2 banks: 32K for bootloader and 512k for application. In order to complete the flash programming, I have to use JLink module and JLinkSTR91x.exe to set "boot from flash bank 1 and then switch to Flasher ARM unit and use it to load the project + .S19 file and program the chip. It's not convenient to do this and I'm wondering if I can use only one module to do boot bank configuration and flash programming. I bought a Flasher ARM recently and wish to use it to do both. Could you give me any instruction on this?

Any response will be greatly appreciated!
  • >>In addition, how to recognize a FlasherARM and a J-Link debugger on one computer?
    Currently the only way to have more than one J-Link / J-Trace / Flasher ARM unit connected to the PC at the same time is,
    to assign different usb addresses to them (via JLink.exe and the "usbaddr" command).

>>Can it do both boot bank configuration (setb 1 using JLinkSTR91x.exe) and flash programming in one device?
    I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do.
    If I understand you right, your are trying to program STR912 devices which are configured to boot from bank 1.
    To do this, you will need at least two components:
    STR91x Tool to switch the boot bank.
    J-Flash or Flasher ARM in order to program the devices.
    J-Link Pro is not a flash programmer (where Flasher ARM is one).
    J-Link Pro is a refined version of the regular J-Link. For more information about the features of J-Link Pro, please refer to segger.com/jlinkpro.html

Your questions might also fit for other users, so it would be nice if you could post future questions in an official
    thread so that other people might profit from the results too.

Best regards
    Alex
  • Thank you again - Alex!

Actually, the question has been posted. I'll post your response shortly. I'd like to share the info with others.

My Flasher ARM device was not able to set to usb 1 when the hardware version is 1.00 with V3.92a pack software. However, when I use V4.00a pack software - JLink.exe, it was updated to higher version (above version 5) and I'm able to set it to usb 1 now. That's great and I can use both J-Link and Flasher ARM at the same time.

I have a couple of questions here regarding to JLinkSTR912x.exe:

- JLinkSTR912x.exe is only set to use with default usb 0 as I noticed. Is there a way to set it to use with usb 1 or 2,3 when I have multi-JLink devices to use?

- I'm using Labview to call this command line tool JLinkSTR912x.exe to configure boot-up from bank1 . Is it a way to set the process sequence(JLinkSTR912x.exe -Setb 1 -q) like JFlashARM command (JFlashARM.exe - auto -exit...) How can I pass "Setb 1" after entering the command line window? Batch file seems not working for this. Could you give me some instruction? How can I do it automatically without typing commands manually?

I hope you can release the new JFlashARM software which is able to configure flash configuration register soon so that I don't have to use 2 device to flash one chip.

Thank you very much!