[SOLVED] Flasher Portable in J-flash SPI - CS not going low

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher Portable in J-flash SPI - CS not going low

Hello,
    I am trying to use a Flasher Portable with a M25P SPI memory. When I use J-Flash SPI I only get 0xFF from the device during identification.
    I figured out that the CS line is not going low (even with no hardware attached at all). To test the hardware I tried the regular J-Flash and when trying to connect to a target the same pin is pulled low (so the hardware is okay).
    Is that a programmer firmware problem? I use the latest September 18th firmware and 5.02d software.

The post was edited 1 time, last by artur ().

• Hello Artur et all,

as already discussed via mail:
    We were able to reproduce this behavior.
    A fix will be included in the next firmware.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi all,

FYI: A new version (5.02e) including this fix is already available:
    segger.com/jlink-software.html

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.