[ANSWERED] JFlash on commandline with switch "/min" does not work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ANSWERED] JFlash on commandline with switch "/min" does not work

I use j-link PRO to program our hardware.
    With "SEGGER J-FLASH V5.00b" everything is working fine.

If i try to program on the commandline with "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V500e\jflash.exe -openprjC:\temp\mb9bf517s_gt20-logic.jflash -ip10.4.4.250 -auto -exit" everything works fine.
    In the manual (segger.com/cms/admin/uploads/productDocs/UM08001_JLink.pdf) on page 245, i can read about a switch "/min".
    This does not work for me.
    I use Windows 7 Enterprise.

Anybody an idea why?

Actualy i would like to program our hardware with J-Flash and LabVIEW.
    Has anybody done so?
  • Hi,

Just to make sure that we understand you correct with the statement below:
    In the manual (segger.com/cms/admin/uploads…08001_JLink.pdf) on page 245, i can read about a switch "/min".
    This does not work for me.
    Programming etc works but J-Flash does not start minimized? If not, please describe what does not work in more detail.

We just gave it a quick try on a Win7 machine using the command line below:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V501d
    start /min /wait "J-Flash" "JFlash.exe" -openprj"C:\Work\WorkSpaces\J-Flash\ADuCM3025.jflash"

As expected, J-Flash starts minimized and the project is correctly opened. So right now, we do not see any issues / problems here.

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi there and thank you for your response.
    On the commandline both "systems" of commands work:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V500k\jflash.exe -openprjC:\temp\mb9bf517s_gt20-logic.jflash -ip10.4.4.250 -auto -exit
    and
    start /min /wait "J-Flash" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V500k\JFlash.exe" -openprjC:\temp\mb9bf517s_gt20-logic.jflash -ip10.4.4.250 -auto -exit

The first command opens the Jflash fully, and the second command opens the Jflash as desired only minimized.

If i try to execute both in Labview with the "System Exec.vi" only the first commend (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V500k\jflash.exe -openprjC:\temp\mb9bf517s_gt20-logic.jflash -ip10.4.4.250 -auto -exit) works!
    The command start /min /wait "J-Flash" "C:\Program Files
    (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V500k\JFlash.exe"
    -openprjC:\temp\mb9bf517s_gt20-logic.jflash -ip10.4.4.250 -auto -exit
    reacts with an error:
    Error 2 occurred at System Exec.vi. Command was "start /min /wait "J-Flash" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V500k\JFlash.exe" -openprjC:\temp\mb9bf517s_gt20-logic.jflash -ip10.4.4.250 -auto -exit"

Why are there two different systems of commands, and where are they disribed fully?
  • The "start" command is a Microsoft DOS specific command which starts a process in a separate window from the command line. The "/min /wait" specifies how this window / process is opened. The "start /min /wait" is not a J-Flash related command but can be used to start any application minimized. I am not familiar with LabView but referring to the error message, it seems to me that LabView does not come with such an functionality. I can set this on our internal todo list for J-Flash to add a command line parameter (e.g. -min) which forces to start J-Flash minimized.

For now, you should be able to create a batch file as below and execute the Start.bat from LabView:

Start.bat
    start /min /wait "J-Flash" "JFlash.exe" -openprj"C:\Work\WorkSpaces\J-Flash\ADuCM3025.jflash"

- Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Thank you Erik for your explenation about the command.
    I now understand the commands. (MS-DOS / JFLASH)

I command "-min" in JFLASH would be great!
    We have to programm boards in big quantities and therefore use Labview to test/program the boards.
    A command "-min" would help this progress. (in case of fail...)
  • Would you like to be added to the J-Link software notification system, so you will get informed automatically about new versions?