Infineon XMC4400-512 jflash configuration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Infineon XMC4400-512 jflash configuration

My question regards internal flash sector configuration. In previous versions of jlink software this processor had 10 sectors, 0-7 with the length 16kb, 8-128kb, 9-256kb. Sectors 0-7 are logical sectors. In my application first logical sector is used for code and rest for storing some application data. This was advantageous since during software download data sectors were not erased. Now, in last 2-3 recent versions of jlink software, I noticed that sectors become only 4, 0-64kb, 1-64kb, 2-128kb, 3-256kb. Such organization is causing that application data sectors are erased every time new software is downloaded. Why of this change? Do you recommend creating my own jflash configuration file with previous settings? Once I create this file, how can I make it use by debugger (isystem-winidea) which is using Jlink as debugging interface.
    Thank you.
  • Hi,

We have changed the sectors from the logical sector size (16 KB) to the physical sector size (64KB) as using the logical sectors could lead to ECC errors under special circumstances. This change has been made in order to stabilize flash programming (erase).
    Do you recommend creating my own jflash configuration file with previous settings?
    You can change the flash sector configuration in the J-Flash csv on your own but we do not recommend it / provide any support for this. For the J-Link DLL (used by winidea), the sector size can not be changed.

- Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.