2d graphics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,
    I want to use hardware accelerated openVG APIs to display 2d graphics. Is there anyway i can do this inside emWIN? or is there anyway i can
    emWIN along side openVG (only for displaying 2d graphics).
    rgds
    Bhargava
  • Hello Bhargava,

I am not so familiar with openVG, but I guess first of all you need a special device driver for your hardware accelerator which supports the openVG standard. I think emWin must then supports also the openVG standard?

Could you please explain in more detail how do you think the hardware and software parts should work together?

Regards,
    Daniel
  • Hi Daniel

Thanks for the reponse. Let me explain a bit more. We have 2d graphics library which uses hardware capabilites of the device (uses Hardware visual
    renderer).The APIs exposed by this 2d graphics library is OpenVG compliant. We are using emWIN for quite sometime. emWIN has its own 2d graphics
    library ( pls correct me if i am wrong). I wanted to know whether i can configure emWIN to use the 2d graphics library written by us instead of what it has since the 2d graphics library uses hardware capabilities of the device and its fast. In this way, we can make use of emWIN widget sets as well as our new
    2d graphics libarary. Let me know if you need more information

rgds
    Bhargava
  • Hello Bhargava,

yes, I think this is possible with emWin. emWin consists of two parts the API layer und the lcd driver (which is normaly one C file).

If you call in the lcd driver routines your openVG API routines, this should work.
    What kind of API functions offers your openVG API? The emWin lcd driver has very basic routines for writing a pixel, a line or a rectangle.

Regards,
    Daniel