[SOLVED] XMC4500 Eclipse Jlink Debug single step

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] XMC4500 Eclipse Jlink Debug single step

Hi,

I have successfully build a minimalistic example for my XMC4500 Relax kit and I am able to flash the binary via JLinkExe.

If I try to debug that code via eclipse and JLinkGDBServer, the binary will be flashed and the debugger is stopping on breakpoints but I am not able to step through the code. Only "Move To Line" is working. All other debug functions like "Step into, Step over, Resume ..." are greyed out :huh:

I have the XMC4500 Relax Kit and I am debugging via SWD.

Development System is Arch Linux.

Any ideas?

Best regards
  • Hi,

Does not sound like a J-Link / J-Link software related problem.
    Sounds more like an Eclipse problem. Would not be the first time that Eclipse greys out items by accident. :)
    Had a similar case here some days ago: [SOLVED] Debugging session with Jlink in Eclipse enviroment is not reliable

I would check with the eclipse community first.
    If this is caused by some "misbehavior" of the J-Link GDB Server (even though I do not think so right now),
    please feel free to get back to here again. We will then of course fix the problem.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for the feedback.
    You're welcome.
    So this thread can be closed.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.