emwin with freeRTOS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• emwin with freeRTOS

Hi, guys
    i try to use emwin and freeRTOS on my stm32f4 board, but i found something really wired

I found the task include emwin function(like WM_Exec(),GUI_TOUCH_Exec() or GUI_DispStringAt()) can not work with any another tasks even its empty task

but when i only run emwin task the system works fine.

i make macro GUI_OS is 1 GUI_MAXTASKis 5 emwin memory to 64k bytes
    freeRTOS heap size from 90k bytes
    system heap and stack size to 8k bytes

this is maximum ram i can provide but the system still not works

some one can help me?
  • Hello,

Please note that changing preprocessor definitions can not have a effect to a precompiled library. Still emWin should work well with GUI_OS == 0 as long as it is called by one task only.

Please refer to the chapters "Getting Started" and "Configuration" for detailed information on how to set up a working project.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • SEGGER - Adrian wrote:

Hello,

Please note that changing preprocessor definitions can not have a effect to a precompiled library. Still emWin should work well with GUI_OS == 0 as long as it is called by one task only.

Please refer to the chapters "Getting Started" and "Configuration" for detailed information on how to set up a working project.

Best regards,
    Adrian
    Hi, i used two different library one is Keil GUI_CM4F.lib antoher one is STemWin522_CM4_OS_Keil.lib but the system still not work
    and i really dont understand what u mean, i checked configuration emwin page, it just said change the marcos and some marcos type
  • SEGGER - Adrian wrote:

Hello,

Please understand that preprocessor directives can have an impact only at compile-time. The libraries you use are already compiled.

Best regards,
    Adrian
    Of course i know it so i picked STemWin522_CM4_OS_Keil.lib file but still not work, and the documentation just tell me to change the marco, please just tell me what should i do.
  • SEGGER - Adrian wrote:

Hello,

In case an emWin library was precompiled using the macro (GUI_OS == 0), calling emWin functions from more than one task will not work properly.

Best regards,
    Adrian
    so what should i do?
    i pretty sure STemWin522_CM4_OS_Keil.lib is precompiled with OS==1, cause i get from st website, emwin with freertos example.
    and i get confused that if macro change not work why you guys still leave the macro there? As my understand the lib will run the function depend on the macro value, there should check macro value in the function
  • Hello,

Please understand that I do not have any influence on how ST or KEIL are building their libraries. It is generally the usual way to send header files as they are along with the libraries, so the user can see which values the macros had been set with when creating the libraries.

Please note that macros are often used to determine which function to use for a certain purpose. The impact of a configuration macro often goes beyond the borders of functions.

Best regards,
    Adrian