STR912 Unable to Halt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• STR912 Unable to Halt

Hello, We are using the i-Link pod with an STR912FAW44X6, RevH chip while running J-Flash and find that some of the chips do not halt and so we cannot "connect". In one instance we have working code in thr STR912 but we cannot halt it or verify the code in the chip. What are we doing wrong? How can I halt the STR912? Thanks for any help.

Steve

PS After working with an additional ARM chip, we found that part was suddenly also "unable to halt". This chip was previously OK and we could erase, program and verify. Now I cannot even erase that chip since I cannot connect to it. It seems like something isn't set or initialized properly in the j-Flash.

PPS Our firmware engineer is using a j-Trace pod with the IAR Embedded Workbench IDE which also confirms that the 2 ARM chips cannot be halted or put into a debug mode. Also he is using a completely different circuit board assembly from a different product. The fault follows the ARM chips, even though they are executing a known version of the software OK. I have even sped up the JTAG to 1MHz and set "rx 0". Any ideas on how to halt these chips?

The post was edited 2 times, last by azstreak ().

• Hello Steve,

I have tested J-Flash with an STR912FAW44X6 Rev. H and J-Link software version 3.94
    and I do not see a problem in halting, programming, verifying and erasing the chip.

Does the problem also occur if the flash is empty?

Can you please try out if it is possible to connect to the STR912 via the STR91x tool (In the JLink installation directory: JLinkSTR91x.exe)?
    Can you erase the flash via the STR91x tool?
    Can you connect to the STR912 via J-Flash, after erasing it?

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.