J Flash question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J Flash question

I would like to try to use J-Flash for our production to download firmware to AT91SAM9261 but I have some questions on the product.

1) the device is powered by USB, then what does RS232 do?
    2) in our case, we need to download Atmel boot strap first then download the firmware. Will stand alone mode work in this case?
    3) Will stand alone mode give user feedback if the download is successful or not?

Thanks in advance.
    Donghua
  • Hello mks,

I think you are talking about FlasherARM, not J-Flash.

To your questions:

>>1) the device is powered by USB, then what does RS232 do?
    The RS232 interface of FlasherARM is used for two purposes:
    a) To control FlasherARM operation via Handshake lines: 3 lines on the serial interface are used.
    b) For terminal communication with FlasherARM via RS232, using the ASCII command interface.

>>2) in our case, we need to download Atmel boot strap first then download the firmware. Will stand alone mode work in this case?
    I am not sure what you mean. If you mean that you have 2 data files to be downloaded into the target then you will need 2 FlasherARM when
    operating in stand-alone mode because FlasherARM can only be configured for one target, using one file to download, for the same time.

>>3) Will stand alone mode give user feedback if the download is successful or not?
    Progress and result of an operation is indicated by Flasher ARM’s LEDs, they indicate if an operation is in progress / was successful / failed.

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.