[ANSWERED] J-LINK connector pin identification

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ANSWERED] J-LINK connector pin identification

I recently purchased a J-LINK EDU. I want to make sure I understand
    the connections of the 20-conductor connector/ribbon cable.
    Facing the 20-pin connector of the J-LINK, pin 1 (VTref) is located
    in the upper right-hand corner of the connector, pin 2 is
    immediately below, pin 20 is the left-most pin on the bottom row.
    Is that correct?
  • Hi,

Pin 1 on the J-Link side is where the blue cable of the 20-pin ribbon cable is connected to.
    There is only one way the 20-pin ribbon cable can be connected to J-Link (see plug on the connector)...
    See UM08001 (J-Link User Guide), chapter "Target interfaces and adapters", section "20-pin JTAG/SWD connector" for more information.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for your reply.

I have a copy of section 10.1, "20-pin JTAG/SWD connector", of the J-LINK User Manual. I'm trying to make sure I have the J-LINK connector on my board wired up correctly. Perhaps I'm being paranoid but is it correct to say that the blue wire of the 20-pin ribbon cable connects to the upper pin of the of the connector?
  • Hi,

Perhaps I'm being paranoid but is it correct to say that the blue wire of the 20-pin ribbon cable connects to the upper pin of the of the connector?

"Upper" is relative and depends on how you look at the J-Link...
    If put it on your desk and look on the connector, pin 1 is the "upper right pin"...

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.