J-Link EDU doesn't work with STM32F103ZE and SW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link EDU doesn't work with STM32F103ZE and SW

Hi,

i bought the J-Link EDU to try some small projects at home. I try to connect a µLink-ME from my job and it works well with the setting SW (SWJ) and 1 MHz. The J-Link with the same settings doesn't work. (Keil and J-Link tools)

It showns no recognized Controller.

What can i try?

Best regards

vokuit00
  • Hi,

What can i try?

Providing some more information:

Are you using an eval board or custom hardware?
    Which version of the Keil MDK / uVision are you using?
    Can you send us the project, so we can have a quick look at it to check if there is anything odd in the MDKJ-Link settings?

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

i use Keil 4 on a custom board. As attachment i send you the screenshots from ulink-ME and J-Link EDU. ulink founds the device, J-Link not. Connected via the original 20 pin cable of the J-Link or hte direct connected uLink.

Best regards

Volker

P.S. Do you have a mail address where i can send the project?
    Images
    • ulink_ME.JPG

77.34 kB, 826×473, viewed 629 times
    • J-Link.JPG

96.89 kB, 826×612, viewed 575 times
  • Hi Volker,

E-Mail address: segger.com/support/technical-support/
    Please add a link to this thread to the e-mail.

Strange... I do not see why the EDU should not work.
    Did you give J-Link Commander a quick try?
    It's a small command line utility that comes with the J-Link software package.
    Can you give it a quick try and post a screenshot of the output of the Commander?

- Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Anything i should try with the commander?

He shows that the VTarget is 0.000V. But the target has power (and ulink works).

Best regards

Volker
    Images
    • commander.JPG

59.23 kB, 843×329, viewed 591 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Foxi ().

• Hi,

It is just a guess since I do not know anything about your hardware, but this is what I assumes happens here:
    - You have manually wired the connection between J-Link & your target
    - You do not have connected pin 1 of J-Link to VCC of your target CPU

Note:
    uLink-ME is only specified for 3.3V targets.
    J-Link is specified for 1.2 - 5V but for this, it needs to measure the target operating voltage to adapt the I/O voltage of the debug signals on the J-Link side accordingly.
    Measurement of the target voltage is done via pin 1 on the J-Link side.
    If this is not connected, J-Link assume no target is connected to J-Link, since 0V is measured.

- Alex

• Does this mean my assumption was correct and we can consider this as solved/closed?

- Alex