How to create makelib

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to create makelib

I need information for batch file creation (makelib) of target.I have TMS320DM642 processor connect with LCD.Is it possible to create lib file for this processor(TMS320DM642)?.Anyone has any idea of changing Prep.bat,cc.bat and lib.bat.I am confused especially with cc.bat as it differs completely from others.
    With Regards,
    R.S.Ram Prakash.
  • Hello, R.S.Ram Prakash,

yes, you can build an emWin library on every CPU/Compiler. Please have a look in your compiler/linker/librarian documentation how
    to build a library. You should start with the cc.bat, so you can compile the C source files. If this works you just must know how
    to create a library from these object files. I am not familiar with the TMS320DM642 compiler, but I guess you will find more information
    in your tool chain documentation.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • what is meant by tool chain documentation?.Did anyone tried emwin in ti processors?.In the batch file cc.bat one of the command line they mentioned processor name(e.g. MSP430 IAR - msp processor).for tms320dm642 i tried dm642 and tms320dm642 but both of them are not working.
    with regards,
    R.S.Ram Prakash.
  • Hello, R.S.Ram Prakash,

Tool chain documentation is just the documentation for your compiler and librarian tool.

Your changes in cc.bat are definitely wrong! You must change more than this.

1. You must know how to compile one file on the command line. This is what you need for cc.bat
    2. You must know how to make a library on the command line from several object files

If you are not familiar with your TMS320DM642 compiler you will not be able to build the emWin library.

Which is the exact name of your used toolchain?

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.