OS_ERR_DICNT error after OS_WaitEvent_Timed()

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OS_ERR_DICNT error after OS_WaitEvent_Timed()

Hello,

I have a problem with OS_WaitEvent_Timed() function - it raises OS_ERR_DICNT error after waking up event, and entering to this function again.
    For ex.:

Source Code

1. while (1)
    2. {
    3. EvMask = OS_WaitEvent_Timed(0xFFFFFFFF, 50); //< Exits after event arrives.
    4. if (EvMask)
    5. { OS_WaitEvent_Timed(0xFFFFFFFF, 50); //< Should exit after timeout, but raises OS_ERR_DICNT error.
    6. }
    7. }

Few interrupts exists in the system, and all has the same priority. No nested interrupts. I don't see problems with my interrupts. Here is IRQ low level routine:

Source Code

1. void OS_irq_handler(void) {
    2. OS_ISR_HANDLER* pISR;
    3. pISR = (OS_ISR_HANDLER*) AIC->AIC_IVR; // Read interrupt vector to release nIRQ to CPU core
    4. OS_EnterInterrupt(); // Inform OS that interrupt handler is running
    5. pISR(); // Call interrupt service routine
    6. OS_LeaveInterrupt(); // Leave interrupt, perform task switch if required
    7. AIC->AIC_EOICR = 0; // interrupt controller => Restore previous priority
    8. }

Using latest 3.88a embOS, Cortex-A5 CPU.
    Where could be a problem?
  • Hello,

we are not aware of any problems with task events.
    Could you please contact our support directly?
    Maybe it's possible to send us a project with which we can reproduce this issue?

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    Seems that the problem was in the application - a command used huge memory array of stack, which was much more than a task had. So application probably modified OS internals, and at the 2nd call of OS_WaitEvent_Timed() raised error.

So the OS seems to be working good. :thumbup: