"Acces Denied" Error message on JFlashARM.ini

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "Acces Denied" Error message on JFlashARM.ini

I use JFlashArm.exe to program MKL15Z128xxx4 devices with a J-Link Pro.
    Until now, i used the gui-mode and everything works fine.

But now i wanted to try the command line mode and i get an acces denied
    error on the file "JFlashARM.ini". A screenshot of the error message is
    attached.

I use the following content in a batch-file:

Source Code

1. JFlashARM.exe -openprjMKL15Z128xxx4-Release.jflash -open..\Debug\kmp.hex -auto -startapp -exit
    2. IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto ERROR
    3. goto END
    4. :ERROR
    5. ECHO J-Flash ARM: Error!
    6. pause
    7. :END

If i use the gui mode, i can not find a ini-file with that name in the stated directory. Is this file really used/created/needed ?

What can i do to avoid the access to this ini-file?

Regars,
    Martin
  • Hi Martin,

Sounds strange.
    Usually, J-Flash should have the same rights when started in GUI mode as when
    started in batch mode (which is GUI mode that executes commands automatically).
    So I would expect this problem to come up either always or never, independent from the mode (GUI, batch).

JFlashARM.ini:
    This file is used to store some settings of J-Flash, like: What file has been recently opened.

As a test: Could you please try moving
    JFlashARM.exe
    JLinkARM.dll
    ETC folder
    to a folder in which you definitely have write-rights?
    Do you still see this problem?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

sorry for the late response. I'm very busy at the moment. Thanks for the help.

I copied the files you mentioned to my project directory. Now everything works as expected. The "JFlashARM.ini" was generated and the flash programming succeded.

But if i try to start the JFlashARM.exe from it's default location ("C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLinkARM_V472a"), via the PATH variable, it still terminates immediatly (after throwing the error message) without programming the flash.
    It seems, that the "JFlashARM.ini" is only created in Non-GUI mode?

Operating System is Windows 7 64bit, if that helps.

Now i have this workaround. But it still seems strange, that the behaviour of JFlashArm.exe is dependant of the Mode (GUI / Non-GUI).

Any other info you need to know for this issue?

Regards, Martin
  • Hi Martin,

We would like to reproduce the problem here.
    Are you working with standard user rights or admin rights when this problem appears?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.