embOS/IP Example for Embedded Artists Board LPC1788

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• embOS/IP Example for Embedded Artists Board LPC1788

Hello,

I got a question regarding the IP code in 'IP_Config_LPC1788.c'.
    In:

C Source Code

1. void IP_X_Config(void) {
    2. (...)
    3. IP_NI_LPC17xx_ConfigAddr(0x20084000, 0x20000000); // Set the address of the Ethernet MAC and Ethenrnet RAM.
    4. (...)
    5. }

The first parameter for IP_NI_LPC17xx_ConfigAddr() is the base address of the EMAC, but the second just points to the start of AHB-RAM.
    So I guess the function uses/reserves space in AHB-RAM. But how much space? So I can spare out the area in my linker script.

best regards,
    Arne
  • Hello Arne,

By default the LPC17xx driver uses 4 Tx and 4 Rx buffers.

One Tx buffer set consists of an 8 byte descriptor, 4 byte status and 1536 byte buffer for the packet itself.
    One Rx buffer set consists of an 8 byte descriptor, 8 byte status and 1536 byte buffer for the packet itself.

This results in a total of 12400 byte that is used from the start of the configured Ethernet RAM.

Best regards,
    Oliver
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.