EDIT_SetText appends an extended ascii char 152

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• EDIT_SetText appends an extended ascii char 152

If I call EDIT_SetText(hItem,"TEST") the edit box displays an extra character at the end which looks like a y with 2 dots over it, extended code 152 decimal. I tried passing "TEST\0" to make sure the string has an extra terminator, but the box still looks the same. I am overriding the EDIT box callback to get WM_KEY events, but it is unclear if there is some interaction between the overridden callback and the text displayed when calling EDIT_SetText.

• Hi,

I think I met the same issue, I did not override the EDIT callback for those that have extra characters.

You can see from the uploaded pictures, the extra characters will change from time to time.

The picture is captured from a Simulation project, but I also met this issue under embedded environment and the version I'm using is
    EMWin version: emWin_516_IAR640_M3_LE.a
  • Hello Zhiying,

I did some tests using the EDIT widget in emWin V5.16 and I must say it works very well. So I will have to ask you the same question I already asked dougm:

Could you please send me the code you use to create the widget?

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hello Zhiying,

Yes, I can see the additional 'L' on your screenshot, but I can not reproduce it in the simulation.

Could you please try increasing the amount of memory which is assigned to emWin? This might be the reason for this behavior. Otherwise please send me your configuration files (LCDConf.*, GUIConf.*) so I can do further investigation.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hello Zhiying,

Thank you for sending the configuration files.

Unfortunately I am still not able to reproduce the problem. The EDIT widget in emWin V5.16 works very well and the same applies to emWin V5.18. I see that you do not use an emWin library which is provided by SEGGER. Please note that binary emWin libraries which are supplied by third parties, are not created by SEGGER. Therefor SEGGER is not responsible to support them. Nevertheless, in order to find out about any problems, which may be caused at library creation I would suggest you to contact your emWin supplier. They should be able to reproduce an solve the problem which causes the EDIT widget to output an additional character.

Best regards,
    Adrian