ssd1325 or custom driver

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ssd1325 or custom driver

Hi,
    I am using the emWin precompiled library that is specific for the cypress PSoC microcontrollers. the only available options that I have for drivers are for s Cypress custom LCD driver or the compact color 16 driver. Unfortunately I can't get the GUIDRV_CompactColor_16 driver to work with my display and it only displays strange checkerboard pattern that is disrupted on one line where the Hello world text is supposed to be -- that is good news because at least it is writing to the display.
    The 3 pin serial is supposedly not available in this driver on this hardware, but I believe that is only because it was not implemented. I was able to write the serial commands for it to send out the data. At the moment I think the problem is the GUIDRV_CompactColor_16 driver does not implement the display controller commands properly (the controller is not listed). I poked around the source and found some registers that need to be defined based on the controller -- is it feasible to change these to match the hardware? I don't know exactly what they would be called on the data sheet though:

#define REG_INC_MODE 0x11 /* - Entry mode */
    #define REG_SET_HRAM_POS 0x00 /* - Horizontal start-end address */
    #define REG_SET_VRAM_S 0x00 /* - Vertical start address */
    #define REG_SET_VRAM_E 0x63 /* - Vertical end address */
    #define REG_RAM_ADDR_H 0x00 /* - Horizontal RAM address */
    #define REG_RAM_ADDR_V 0x79 /* - Vertical RAM address */
    #define REG_RAM_ACCESS 0x22 /* - RAM access mode */
    Although, as the display I am using is 8bpp, and GUIDRV_CompactColor_16 is 16bpp (only?) I suppose this would not work anyhow (and would explain the checkerboard pattern I see).
    Alternately, I am happy to poke around with GUIDRV_Template, but it was not part of the distribution, as far as I can tell. Is this something that is available?
    Thanks in advance