EDIT Widget properties - how to copy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• EDIT Widget properties - how to copy

I have eight EDIT widgets on the screen at the same time and I want to enter values with numeric buttons on screen. Since I have small LCD some of EDIT's are not visible when I show numpad in new modal framewin.
    I want to copy all EDIT Widget properties form primary EDIT_widget to secondary EDIT_widget.
    I know that all properties are in EDIT_Obj structure, but I don't know how to access them.
    I need this for setting EDIT widget value. When I will press on EDIT widget, then I want to show new modal framewin with numeric buttons and new EDIT widget at the top of framewin.
    This EDIT widget in framewin at the top of numeric buttons should have all parameters same as EDIT that was clicked.
    I want to copy all properties for example: Value , Mode (Float,Dec,Bin,Hex,Text), Min value , Max value , num digits , Text ...
    After finished editing I need to copy changed value or text back to primary EDIT widget.
    Can you please suggest how to do this.
  • Hello ToneL,

Please note that the EDIT_Obj structure is internal and intended to be accessed via EDIT widget API functions only. For detailed information about the function set provided with the EDIT widget, please refer to the chapter 16 "Widgets" in the emWin user manual. You should be able to find all functions necessary for the task you would like to implement.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Thanks for your answer !

In manuals I can't find for example how to read EDIT Widget mode (Bin,Hex,Dec,etc) from existing EDIT Widget.
    Do I need to use EDIT_CreateUser with extra bytes for saving properties ?

Best regards !