Tracing embOS API using embOSView

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tracing embOS API using embOSView

Hi

Keil v4.14, embOS Trial V3.86e and Jlink:
    I am facing a problem using the APIs given for Tracing. I have changed OS_TRACE to 1 in rtos.h and have done required changes, I get the following error:

".\Output\Flash\OBJ\Start_LPC2378.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol OS_TraceEnableAll (referred from start_ledblink.o)."

When OS_Trace is enabled only the declaration of OS_TraceEnableAll() is done , but it is not declared anywhere. Is the tracing option provided in trial versions?

Best Regards

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aadyanth ().

• Hello,
    you must not change any definition in RTOS.h.
    Any changes in RTOS.h may cause malfunction and don't deliver the expected result as long as you work with embOS libraries.
    To use the trace capabilities of embOS, you have to use the "Debug and Trace" library of embOS.
    To do so, define "OS_LIBMODE_DT" as a project option, and/or modify the OS_Config.h file to select the debug and trace library as default for your project.
    The debug and trace library delivers all functions needed for API tracing as well as tracing your own functions.

Regards,
    Armin