Overlapping Windows

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Overlapping Windows

I tried out the Dashboard Program from the emWin Samples.

The program creates 4 Scale Windows (Fuel, Oil, Speed, RPM windows).

However, these windows are overlapping when the program runs, even though the following properties below has been set during window creation:

WM_CF_SHOW | WM_CF_HASTRANS

Am I missing any additional settings to achieve the windows transparency?

Please see attachment.

Regards,
    Den
    Images
    • overlapwindows.JPG

43.7 kB, 641×328, viewed 1,046 times
  • Hello Den,

I checked the Dashboard sample and everything looks fine. Have you tried to rebuild all files? The Dashboard sample includes the configuration files. If they are not linked to the application, this kind of behavior may occur.

Could you please tell me, if forcing a complete rebuild solves the problem?

If it does not, please tell me which emWin package you use. Please note that the Dashboard sample was recently update as well as the emWin Trial package for windows.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hi Adrian,

I've tried to rebuild all the files but it didn't solve the problem.

However, I think I found the cause why the windows are overlapping. It's because of the LCD Configuration.
    When I changed the Color Conversion setting to GUICC_888, that's when the overlapping windows occurred.
    I changed it back to its original setting "GUICC_565" and the problem was fixed.
    ===========================================================
    #define COLOR_CONVERSION GUICC_565 //in LCDConf.c

===========================================================

What's the reason why the issue occurs in GUICC_888 but not in GUICC_565?
    Is there any way I can solve the issue of overlapping windows issue when using the GUICC_888 in Color Conversion Setting?

Regards,
    Den
  • Hello Den,

I just realized that the Dashboard sample comes with its a LCDConf.c. We usually do this if a sample requires a certain configuration. The Dashboard sample is optimized to run with a color depth of 16bpp and the 565 color conversion.

Best regards,
    Adrian
  • Hi Adrian,

Yes. The Dashboard Sample runs perfectly when configured to 16 bpp color depth and 565 color conversion.

But is there any way I can run the Dashboard Sample without the overlapping issue when the configurations are set to 24bpp and 888 Color Conversion?

Regards,
    Den
  • Hello Den,

Thank you for the information. It is possible to rewrite the Dashboard sample so the scales are drawn correctly using 32bpp colors, but please understand that this is currently not planned. Please feel free to change the Dashboard sample to meet your needs.

If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Adrian