Language support/ translation tool

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Language support/ translation tool

Hi,

I am looking at emWin, to see if it fit my needs. However I am not able to find any information about, how strings in different language are handled and is there not a tool available for the translator, where the strings can be seen together with the GUI?

Best regards,

Frank Andersen
  • Hello Frank,

I assume you mean bidirectional fonts. For detailed information please refer to the Foreign Language Support section on our website. emWin does not include any tool to translate languages. What we have is the FontConverter which can be used to convert windows fonts to a format which can be used by emWin. For detailed information about the FontConverter, please refer to the FontConverter section. If you like to see several samples which make use of strings, please have a look at our Samples. I believe all sample applications prefixed "FONT" should be able to give you a first impression.

Could you please give me a short feedback? Was this information a help for you? If you need further information about emWin, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Adrian Scholtyssek
  • Hi,

Well, the samples collection are very fine.

But I think the answer to my question is no.

What I want is a tool that can show the graphics together with the text strings, in eg. english and in eg. german, to send to the translator.

With emWin it seems to me, that the apllication developer is the one who is controlling the language, and not emWin?

Best regards,

Frank
  • Hello Frank,

I am not sure, if I understand you right. Could you please tell me what you mean with
    graphics together with the text strings
    ? Can you give an example which makes this clear?

You wrote "With emWin it seems to me, that the apllication developer is the one who is controlling the language, and not emWin?"
    I am afraid it is not clear to me what "language" means in this context. Could you please explain this to me?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Adrian