Segger "Flasher 5" Cable Length

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Segger "Flasher 5" Cable Length

Hello,

The Segger Flasher 5 uses an RS-232 Null-Modem cable for communication between the PC and Flasher 5, and it uses a clock synchronous serial cable for communication between the Flasher 5 and MCU (see image below taken from Flasher 5 manual).

I am planning to use our Flasher 5 in a new test fixture I’m developing and I will need to replace the 10-pin clock synchronous cable that came with the device with a custom 10-pin cable that can connect to our vacuum head. I’ve decided on the terminal housings, crimp terminals, and conductor type, but I do not know the maximum cable length is for this type of data cable. Can anyone here point me in the right direction on this?

As an example, I believe the maximum length of a JTAG cable is around 50 cm. Also, if a JTAG cable length is greater than 20 cm, series resisters are required on the TCK and TMS signals to prevent signal reflection. I’m looking for analogous information regarding the clock synchronous cable.

Thanks in advance for any help and let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,

Mike_B