Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi I'm writing an Ozone RTOS plugin for MQX. Within Ozone's watch window, I can see the structure containing the data of interset, but I don't seem to be able to correctly read this structure within the *.js file As far as I can tell, my approach (attached) mirrors the Debug.evaluate example given in UM08025, but I'm getting 'undefined' when attempting to access any structure member following the successful evaluation check. What am I missing? forum.segger.com/index.php/Att…1dfe03c5d5dee944bf63d…

• Hi Nino It's okay- I think the issue is with the Freescale LMEM cache block-If I disable caching in the bootloader, it look like I'm at last able to step and debug as expected in ext.flash (so far, so good anyway...) If this is the cause, I'd really like to understand why this prevents Jlink from working...? Update: I've just found this post which appears to address exactly this issue: [SOLVED] DEBUGGING doesn't work in external RAM, but in internal RAM Has the long-term fix mentioned here been …

• Hi Nino I have attached a Jlink logfile indicating an instance of this. Some background: My setup is that I am using a Kinetis K60 MCU with an external flash bank. I have a bootloader which runs in internal flash, performing the low-level configuration of the MCU and peripheral devices and then jumps to the first of two applications in external flash (app1 and app2) Having tried a number of approaches in order to be able to debug the ext. flash applications app1 and/or app2, the problem always a…

• I'm experiencing a similar issue as described here J-Link Programming Failed messages and was hoping to see a resolution- I am able to download and run my application in external flash. After reaching a breakpoint, I can single-step 2 or 3 times before JLink errors out with a 'program 1 over 0' message-Are there any suggestions as to what the cause might be? (Unfortunately, I appear not to be able to force the use of my limited number of hard breakpoints, maybe because I am using CFI flash...) T…

• Hi Nino Thanks for your response- Since posting this, I believe this issue might relate to a more significant issue for me where during the target download phase, where I'm seeing the "Timeout while checking target RAM , core does not stop message", UNLESS I override the default TargetDownload routine and place a Sleep(5000) before Exec.Download. As this describes a more pressing issue for me to resolve, feel free to mark this post as resolved and I'll raise a support ticket. Many thanks David

• Thank you Nino, that's what I was looking for. However, I've noticed that I have to insert a delay which isn't present in the automation example in order for things to work; Break.SetOnSrc("TriggerFunc"); Util.Sleep(5000); // Without this, the Break.SetCommand won't find the TriggerFunc... Break.SetCommand("TriggerFunc","ProcessTrigger"); ...Is this expected? Thanks David

• Actually, I think I can do what I need as follows: Break.SetOnSrc("function_name") g_var = Elf.GetExprValue("function_name") void AfterTargetHalt() { if (g_var == Target.GetReg("PC")) { // Execute callback here } } Hoped there might be a more direct way!

• I'm looking for a way to execute a breakpoint callback when halted on the BP that was set using Break.SetOnSrc() which defined the function name (i.e. not the source location) This sounds like it would fit the bill- Just wondering if it ever got implemented- [SOLVED] [Ozone] Setting a breakpoint callback function on function call when the source location is unknown David

• Hi Nino If it does, the questions is why the debugger is not allowed to access it during debug. This is exactly the question- Execution runs perfectly in external flash when programmed with JFLASH, so I have raised a support ticket as you suggest. Many thanks David

• Hi Nino That's correct, the FlexBus init is done in the bootloader. I don't believe we have a chip-specific issue since when we're using JFLASH, we have to add the same init steps to the *.jflash project, and that's all working fine. I'm unsure from your reply whether this means that, once the bootloader has finished performing the FlexBus init and I'm at the breakpoint ready to upload the code into ext. Flash, is there anything more that needs to be done within the *.jdebug script before File.L…

• Hi Nino Thank you for your reply The external flash is connected via the K60's FlexBus interface. It's a Spansion/Cypress device (S29GL128S), and although not listed in your 'supported devices', we're able to read and write to it using JLINK via JFLASH (see attached). Is this likely to be the case of the issue? Regards David

• Hi My application has a bootloader which runs in the K60 internal flash, then jumps to an entry routine in an external flash bank. I can debug the bootloader perfectly, but as the transition to loading the external flash code is proving tricky, I'm looking for a more straightforward approach to debugging the external flash code, which I think might be achieved by the 'attach to running program' option. I'm using a 'default' jdebug project (haven't commented anything in/out), and am seeing the 'T…

• Hi I'm attempting to create an Ozone project which permits the debugging of some code that lives in an external flash bank. There is also a bootloader which runs in the internal flash of the K60. After some guidance on this forum, I have the process running until the bootloader hits a terminating break point. At this point, I load the elf of the external flash code, after which I anticipate having to adjust the target PC and SP accordingly. At the point of loading the file into external flash, O…

• Hi Fabian -thanks for responding so quickly! Yes, in fact it is the bootloader elf that I am debugging. I've applied the recommended tweak to the setting of PC and SP as per wiki.segger.com/Debug_on_a_Target_with_Bootloader and it's now working, so thank you! I notice that the difference that this tweak has made has only been to set the PC to a different value than is obtained by the 'default' method (i.e. by fetching PC and SP locations from the elf file vector table). It appears to be that the…

• Hi I'm seeing something odd in Ozone... If I create a new project (without specifying JLINK settings )and load an elf file, Ozone is happy to download that to my target, provided the connected JLINK has already been configured for the target. If I then add those JLINK target settings to the project (see below), downloading to the target immediately produces a HardFault exception. What could be the reason for this? Target setitngs: Project.SetDevice ("MK60FN1M0xxx15"); Project.SetHostIF ("USB", "…

• Hi Alex Thank you for your response- I've figured out what I was doing wrong-which was that the perhiperal registers are only accessible once the corresponding SIM has its clock enabled- Like I said, I'm something of a a noob. Anyway, the extract below is a *.jlink file I generate dynamically and pass to jlink.exe, seems to be working fine...! r // Reset device w4 0x4004803C, 0x20000000 // SIM_SCGC6, RTC clock enable w4 0x4003D010, 0x00000001 // RTC_CR[SWR], assert software reset w4 0x4003D010, …

• Hi I'm a newcomer to the capabilities of Jlink, and am investigating the possibility of using Jlink (and/or associated utilities) to set the RTC within an NXP K60. On the surface of it, I think it ought to be possible using a (dynamically created/executed) Jlink script, but I'd appreciate a sanity check on this approach before I waste too much time on a possibly flawed approach. I am seeing some unexpected behaviour when attempting to read the related address ranges using commander (see attached…