Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Fabian, did you get the chance to look into this?

• Hey Fabian, did the guide for CLion ever come out?

• Hey Fabian, that seems to have resolved the issue (at least with the limited amount of testing I have done). Thanks a lot, and please let m know if I am misusing any other J-Link GDBSever options. Out of curiosity, when is it appropriate to use the "-ir" option? Side note: I was also hoping that this would make the problem I mentioned in Unwanted SIGTRAP when adding breakpoints on Linux go away, but unfortunately that problem persists.

• Hi again Fabian, you're right that I am using the same hardware as the other thread. For completeness, I will copy over some of the information from that thread. Please note that I have created a **different** log file to highlight the SIGTRAP problem I mentioned in this thread. 1) I am using custom hardware but I was able to reproduce it on a evaluation board. I switched to using a Nucleo Board (STM32F302R8). 1.1) To keep the scope manageable. I will just use the Nucleo Board as a benchmark rat…

• Hey Fabian, thanks for getting back to me. 1) I am using custom hardware but I was able to reproduce it on a evaluation board. I switched to using a Nucleo Board (STM32F302R8). 1.1) To keep the scope manageable. I will just use the Nucleo Board as a benchmark rather than my custom hardware. 2) I've attached a log file. For your information, a rough description of what I did in CLion is: Step 1. Start the debugger with a breakpoint in main.c Step 2. Click on the "Pause" button in CLion. Turns out…

• Setup: J-Link V6.72a on Ubuntu 18.04 for my STM32F302CC using J-Link Mini EDU. More often than not, my J-Link GDB server sends my MCU to hard fault handler during the first connection. The problem goes away if I send a reset command ("Received monitor command: reset) but that doesn't seem quite right to me. Did I not configure something correctly? Quote: “/usr/bin/JLinkGDBServer -select USB -device STM32F302CC -endian little -if SWD -speed 4000 -ir -LocalhostOnly -vd -strict SEGGER J-Link GDB Se…

• Setup: J-Link V6.72a on Ubuntu 18.04 for my STM32F302CC using J-Link Mini EDU. Configurations: Using CLion with "Embedded GDB Server": /usr/bin/JLinkGDBServer -select USB -device STM32F302CC -endian little -if SWD -speed 4000 -ir -LocalhostOnly -vd -strict When I try to add a new breakpoint in CLion, the debugger will immediately break at whatever line is being executed with a SIGTRAP (i.e. NOT where I set the breakpoint). Note that this is different than the SIGINT that I would receive for a no…

• Thanks for the quick response. To be clear, you're talking about using /usr/bin/JLinkGDBServer right? Because that includes J-Link DLL unlike OpenOCD? Looking forward to the how-to guide.

• Setup: J-Link RTT Viewer V6.48a on Ubuntu 18.04 for my STM32F302CC using J-Link Mini EDU. I have been making reliable connections using USB mode and reading messages printed by SEGGER_RTT_printf. However, when I am debugging using CLion/OpenOCD and try to use "Existing Session", it just loads forever without a successful connection. forum.segger.com/index.php/Att…a00bfd24ff397bd77e1e8f50d Edit: I tried it with the newest V6.72a and I observe the same behaviour.

• The connector for J-Link mini is not keyed, meaning it can be plugged in using two different orientations. Will this damage the microcontroller or the debugger itself? Does anyone have an elegant solution for making it impossible to plug it in the wrong orientation?