Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Johannes, I did test both options, but I found it cumbersome. Let me explain with an example. I start a new project with the wizard, getting an initial main.c, the assembly startup file, RTT, etc. These files are actually just put in the project directory (I would much prefer a more organised initial layout). First things first, get microcontroller libraries, RTOS and my own libraries inside the project. Lets look for example at something like the recent Amazon FreeRTOS that includes a lot of…

• Dear SEGGER and community, Last week I decided to test SES and I expected to fall in love with it as with all SEGGER products but even though I saw a LOT of potential I felt it needs more work. I just wanted to leave some feedback about it here since I would very much like to use SES in the future and maybe some of my observations are just wrong and I can be corrected and others may be implemented down the line... The first thing I liked is how the packs for different vendors work. I like that t…

• Yes, I am using GDB. Even if I not use the Eclipse debugger it does the same. For example, yesterday I just connected to the board using JLinkExe, I did a reset and 'g' to make it run. If by chance it does a software reset the CPU halts at the initial address and I can't get it to step or do anything, I have to restart everything. I tried doing: WR_REG(CoreDebug->DEMCR, CoreDebug_DEMCR_VC_CORERESET_Msk, CoreDebug_DEMCR_VC_CORERESET_Pos, 0); at the start of the main function, in hope that this wo…

• Hello there, There are two things I haven't been able to do with my JLink + Cortex M4. 1) When I do a software reset debugging stops at the first program address and no matter what I do it is stuck there forever. I would like to be able to do software resets while debugging. 2) For long-running testing usually leave some devices running for weeks, so I can check they don lock and work as expected. When a device locks, I would like to connect a JLink and connect a GDB session without resseting an…

• I am using Linux so no control panel for me. Is there any command-line falg for the GDB server? I did not want to hijack this topic, just wanted to chime in because it doesn't work automatically for me and I would like to know what I should do manually. Best regards,

• I am using plain Eclipse and the serial terminal is not getting anything. How do you give J-Link the address? Didn't find documentation about gdb server parameters or commands. Best regards,