Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello, Please understand that debugging user code is out of regular support scope, especially as the probe you are using is no longer in valid support period. Attached you will find a Trace Example project for a STM32F412 that should run out of the box on any STM32F412 target. Could you give it a try and report back if the sample is working? If this sample works and your application does not then the issue lies inside the code executed by your application. In some way your application is impacti…

• Hello Joe, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. Could you provide some more information about your setup? What host OS are you running Ozone on? Are you using a custom or eval board? Could you provide an example project for reproduction that would run on an eval board? When setting up the bootloader projects did you consider the following steps? wiki.segger.com/Debug_on_a_Target_with_Bootloader wiki.segger.com/Debug_Bootload…ion_in_same_Ozone_project Best regards, Nino

• Hello Thomas, Thank you for your inquiry. The reported behaviour is reproducible and we are currently working on a fix. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for providing the setup. With it the reported behaviour was reproducible. What is odd is that there is no trace data generated while the MCU is waiting for the button press. This indicates that the target is in some kind of sleep/low power mode. Please note that Arm instruction trace can't be used reliably with sleep modes or low power modes active. In the sources I saw a couple of WFI instructions and sleep modes. We recommend removing these from your application if your are lo…

• Hi, Could you attach an example project that runs out of the box in Ozone, with which the behaviour is reproducible with? Regarding the hardfault display in Ozone. Could you give the latest Ozone beta a try? Hardfault information display should be improved. See here for more information: segger.com/products/developmen…echnology/fault-analysis/ wiki.segger.com/Analyzing_Cortex-M_Faults_with_Ozone wiki.segger.com/Cortex-M_Fault Best regards, Nino

• Hello, This sounds very odd. But good to hear that you found a solution. Quote from zamniah: “The solution that works for the reference STM32F407 board: using "power on" in Jlink command so that target board is powered through 5V supply pin. Or have both on power bank battery (with "power off" and thus two USB cables - one for JTrace, one for target board ). ” I am a bit confused here. How was your setup before that? Did you not use separate USB cables before to power board and trace probe? Coul…

• Hello, Quote from zamniah: “I get the LTRACE errors even with the reference STM32F407 board that came with JTrace. ” Ok that is odd. With what application? Quote from zamniah: “The most basic tutorial on the wiki works without LTRACE error - wiki.segger.com/Tracing_on_ST_…x-M_Trace_Reference_Board) . Though even it sometimes gives error like "Invalid trace timestamp detected at cycle 568542086, buffer index 747292". ” The timestamp error can be ignored as it can sometimes happen that the target …

• Hello, I think there is a misunderstanding here. You don't have to use the CPU support packages. They are simply helpers that provide you with the CMSIS files for your target device. If you don't want/need them, don't install the package. Then they will not be installed to AppData. To create a bare metal project without the packages simply select File->New Project->Create Project in a new Solution->A C/C++ executable for a Cortex-M processor... (if you are using a Cortex-M, for others see the ot…

• Hello, Quote from gustav: “Since I've only added the SAM3 package for this project it seems weird that the ADC wouldn't work with the defualt files? If there's a working example of an ADC in SES this might help with finding the differences. ” The packages are sourced from the CMSIS files provided by the silicon vendors that usually test their chips features. In this case the ADC feature does not seem to be working with this particular version of CMSIS files. We are currently updating some packag…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. Could you provide an example project for reproduction? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, What target device are you debugging exactly, some target devices can't be connected to without a reset due to their design. Quote from ucontrollerdude: “I am not issuing a reset. I added Util.Log messages in the following functions: TargetReset() BeforeTargetReset() AfterTargetReset() And the log message does not print out. When I do issue a reset the log statements print. ” Do you see the same behaviour with the latest Ozone version? Quote from ucontrollerdude: “I tried overwriting the …

• Hello Vadim, Quote from vadim.b: “I am using arm-none-eabi-gcc. The elf file is not stripped, so all the path information is there -- Ozone properly opens the file with main() function. ” I am not saying the information is not there. But are the sources there? If not you have to do the path substitute or rebuild the application relative to the Ozone project path. Should it still not work could you provide an example project for reproduction? What target device are you debugging? Is it on an eval…

• Hello, Quote from giusloq: “Do you mean, use JLINK_MEM_WriteUxx() functions in the script to program registers of MCU such way SDRAM is initialized? ” Correct. Quote from giusloq: “I think Ozone normally program only internal Flash memory of selected MCU. How to instruct Ozone to transfer data in a specific memory area (start address-end address)? ” Ozone gives a write command to J-Link. What kind of memory it is it does not care. As long as it is part of your application it will be written. Wha…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. For SDRAM inits we recommend using a JLinkScript. The JLinkScript API is explained in the J-Link user manual UM08001. How to use a JLinkScript in Ozone is explained here: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_script_files#Ozone After SDRAM is initialized you can use the normal Ozone debug setup to program both Flash and SDRAM. Just make sure that the application you are programming utilizes both memory areas. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Julien, That is odd indeed. To make sure I understand your setup here correctly, you do a Flash program from within your application, is that correct? Do you get any error messages in Ozone? Is that program part build with optimization enabled? Is it a RAM code? If yes did you consider the following? wiki.segger.com/Getting_unknow…sses_in_instruction_trace Could you provide a reproducer that we could test on an eval board? If you set a breakpoint during your flash algorithm, do you see tra…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. In Ozone you seem to get a LTRACE unknown package error. This error indicates that at least a part of the trace stream is corrupted. Most likely due to an unstable trace setup. We recommend to get a stable trace setup first as such trace errors can lead to all kinds of follow up errors e.g. phantom execution. Troubleshooting steps can be found here: segger.com/products/debug-prob…hnology/setting-up-trace/ Do you still get the same behaviour after you made sure …

• Hello, we are aware of the issues under macOS and Linux and are working on a fix. This thread will be closed for now to avoid discussion of other unrelated issues. To get notified when the fixed release is available you can subscribe here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,204 Sorry for any inconveniences caused. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware of the issues under Linux and macOS and are currently working on a fix. To stay up to date with releases you can subscribe here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,204 Sorry for any inconveniences caused. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. How SEGGER_SYSVIEW_OnIdle is to be used is explained in SystemView manual section 6.1.1.6. Section 6.1. explains the general implementation steps. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Catosh, Thank you for your inquiry. Quote from catosh: “Why there is no lock mechanism in record start and record end when buffer on the stack is used? ” Can you elaborate which API function you mean exactly? Also which SystemView source version are you using? 1: See here: segger.com/products/debug-prob…about-real-time-transfer/ 2: No 3: SWO is simply an input and thus be much higher than the max debug interface speed as a debug interface must apply that speed for both I/O. The more expens…