Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I tried defining DNS_CLIENT_UPDT, but the compiler returned several warnings and an error when compiling IP_DNSC.c: Error: 'dns_servers' is undeclared - I assume this is an array of DNS IP addresses, not 100% sure Warning: implicit declaration of 'MEMCPY' - will lead to link error, probably needs to be change to IP_MEMCPY Warning: impicit declaration of 'tk_yield' (a holdover from interniche) - will lead to link error, probably needs to be changed to OS_Yield Warning: 'getsoa' declared static bu…

• TCP Window Scaling Option

pawdrexel - - embOS/IP related

embOS/IP's support for TCP window scaling is incomplete and I think there may be a bug in the code that prevents proper support. Window scaling allows a host to specify receive/send windows that are larger than 65535 bytes by specifying an optional scaling factor during the connection (SYN) phase. This is useful in cases where the receiver has a lot of memory (say a PC) and the sender has a lot of data to send quickly. Of course, the sender needs a fair amount of memory too in order to hold the …

• Task Priorities Question

pawdrexel - - embOS/IP related

All of the MainTask() task functions of embOS/IP example applications are structured like this... C Source Code (19 lines) In the embOS/IP manual UM07001 on p. 64 the note for IP_Task() reads "The priority of task IP_Task should be higher then the priority of an application task which uses the stack." I understand that, but why does the code above appear to be setting the priority of MainTask() to maximum (higher than IP_Task)?

• I'm running Rowley Cross Studio 2.0.11.2011031400.10321 ARM (longest version number ever) on Windows XP SP3. My targets are the Embedded Artists LPC2478 32-bit board and my own custom LPC2468-based board. Just received my embOS 3.82i and embOS/IP 1.62.07 source. I had no trouble getting the embOS Start_2Tasks demo going "right out of the box." However, the embOS/IP OS_IP_SimpleServer demo took a little more effort than suggested by the 3 steps in Chapter 2 of the embOS/IP User Guide (UM07001). I…