Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Here's the user manual: st.com/content/ccc/resource/te…lations/en.DM00493601.pdf There is no 10 pin connector for the target processor. Of course, all STM32 pins are available on pin headers, so you could use jumper wires to connect an external J-Link to PA13/PA14. The embedded ST-Link goes into three-state, so you can do it in principle. But that's no substitute for the Reflash-Utility, which was the killer feature for Ozone evaluation. It will be dearly missed by students. BTW: The manual ment…

• Sad to hear that. The small NUCLEO-32 boards do not have the MIPI-10 connector. Also, I think the Reflash-Utility was a great marketing tool for both Segger and ST.. at least that's how I tested Ozone/SystemView and convinced my company to buy some JLink debuggers!

• Will there be a ST-Link Reflash Utility for the new ST NUCLEO boards?

• Bonus question: When you say "telnet", do you really mean TELNET according to RFC 854? Raw TCP sockets would be far better for binary data (no telnet IAC escape character handling, etc.). If it really is RFC 854, an option to turn that off would be nice.

• Ozone 2.7.0a on Linux x64 My STM32 application uses RTT to print debug messages on RTT channel 0. Additionally, I want to use RTT channel 1 to output real-time current and voltage samples from a control loop. It would be nice, if Ozone could just open additional telnet ports for these RTT channels, for example on port 19021 + Channel-ID Ozone already seems to fetch the additional channels.. at least the RdOff value is updated constantly. Or is there any other way to get data from additional chan…

• Ozone 2.7.0a on Linux x64 My STM32 application uses RTT to print debug messages. When the "Terminal" window is open, and also a telnet client is connected to localhost:19021, RTT messages are sent to either the Terminal window, or the telnet client (seemingly at random). I would expect that all messages are sent to both the terminal window and the telnet server reliably. Alternatively, the Terminal Window should be grayed out when another client is connected. The current behavior breaks both fea…

• Ozone 2.7.0 Linux x64 When dragging an item from the Watched Data window to the Data Graph window, the item is deleted from the Watched Data window. The mouse cursor indicates an "+". Holding modifier Keys does not do anything either. It also can't be moved back.

• I had similar problems with a STM32H743. See: [SOLVED] STM32H7 ETM Trace "The pins that the STM32H7 uses for tracing are specified for maximum 133 MHz. However even under lab conditions we could get stable trace up until ~118 MHz trace clock. Higher than that and the STM32H7 could not fulfil the trace signal specifications anymore and trace got unstable. For this reason are examples are capped at 100 MHz even though CPU is running on 400 Mhz" The STM32F446 likely has the same limitations. I redu…

• Hi! I'm working on a motor control algorithm using 16.16 fixed point numbers. It would be nice if the "Display As" context menu could be extended to support fixed point numbers or arbitrary scaling factors. My current work-around is to use expression of the form "x / 65536.0" in the Watch and Data Graph window. But for data entry, I always have to use a calculator

• Ozone 2.7.0 Linux x64 The DEL shortcut key does not work in the data graph setup window. (Context menu "Remove" does work, though).

• Hello again! When using the assembly version V2.52f of SEGGER_RTT_WriteSkipNoLock, SystemView V2.52d stops with an "Invalid packet received" error. When SystemView recording starts for the first time, I get *some* correct records until the error message. Subsequent SystemView recordings throw the error immediately. The C version works without any problems. (I'm using a Segger J-Trace PRO, FreeRTOS 10.1.0 running on a STM32H743 (without cache at the moment)).

• Hi! I just downloaded the new SystemView 2.52f, and tried to compile it using a GCC toolchain. Apparently, the assembly file misses support for GCC. The easy fix is to just use the same settings for clang and GCC: C Source Code (1 line) Otherwise, a new constant #define _CCGCC 2 cand be introduced. best regards, Thomas

• Thank you for the confirmation! I got my trace to work stable at 66MHz clock yesterday, and had no missing traces so far. I think, we can mark this thread as [solved]!

• Hi! I just saw that the STM32H743 has a new 8 kByte Embedded Trace FIFO Buffer (ETF), which can be configured and used similar to an Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB). (Page 3068ff. in the RM0433 Rev 5 reference manual). Is there already support for this mode in the J-Link / Ozone? Is it planned? best regards, Thomas

• Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “Our custom PLL init starts in the system:stm32h7xx.c in line 268. To change the PLL you need to adjust the multipliers/dividers. More information can be found in the STM32H7 manual. To get a visual representation on how the clocks are connected inside STM32H7 ST's software CubeMX can be used for this task. ” Hmm, ok.. The STM32H7 reference manual RM0433, Rev 5 says on page 3002: "TRACECLK is the trace port output clock. It is a gated version of the system clock (CK_SYS…

• Thanks for your quick answer! Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “Did opening the example project in Ozone and get in running take hours or the search for the project? Because our projects are designed to run out-of-the-box on the examples evalboard hardware and it should only take 1-2 minutes to have trace running even for inexperienced Ozone users. ” The problem was the unspecific error message in Ozone. I do my tests on a Nucleo H7 board, where I bent up the 5 trace pins, glued a 20 pin header on top …

• Hello! I have a few questions about using ETM trace on the STM32H743ZI. I'm using Ozone v2.60g with a J-Trace PRO Cortex V2.0 connected over USB 3. It took me several hours to get the ETM trace working at all. After a lot of trial and error, I found the "ST_STM32H743_Traceconfig.pex" file in a .zip File linked on wiki.segger.com/Tracing_on_ST_…H7_Trace_Reference_Board)) 1) What does the "pex" file do? I didn't find this documented anywhere in the Ozone or J-Trace manual. Can I have the source co…