Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Could you elaborate what cycle count you are referring to? Currently Embedded Studio does not implement a cycle counter display for RISC-V. If you use a simulator project instead running on actual hardware we display a cycle counter at the bottom as in the simulation we have full control about the execution so we know exactly how many cycles have been run. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Quote from cymatics: “However, i was never able to get a successful upload of my code to the processor and get it running. ” This is why we suggest trying it with the Commander first. If you can download and debug in the Commander, J-Link software is OK and the issue lies in the Renesas IDE. Quote from cymatics: “Rev A of my project used an RX210 kit board for development, and it had a JLink OB on it. ” The OB is just a smaller and slower version of the full size J-Links. So if it works w…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Quote from cymatics: “I'm really disappointed at the lack of input (and perhaps, concern) from Segger (and Renesas) on this issue. ” Sorry to hear that but you opened the thread out of our office hours with a topic over a probe without support claim, so please understand that we can't come rushing to the rescue within hours as we do for customers that paid for support... To answer your initial questions, we are not aware of any issues. All supported devices are…

• Hi, If I understand you correctly you are looking to port the RTOS awarness to other IDEs/debuggers? Is that correct? In that case the interfacing with the J-Link library is generic and only a read and write function is called. Everything else is handled in the IDE/debugger itself, like getting symbol information and calculating offsets. For Embedded Studio and Ozone we can use identical plugins. They are .js files and can be found in e.g. the Ozone install directory. The .so approach is the "ol…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry, To move symbols to another location you can use command Project.RelocateSymbols. How to use it is explained in the Ozone user manual. Section "" Scripting Interface shows a sample on how to do it with a bootloader setup. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The IDE and Ozone use different awareness plug ins than GDBServer. ES: wiki.segger.com/Enable_RTOS_Awareness_in_Embedded_Studio Ozone: Shipped with Ozone. Can be found in Ozone installation folder under Plugins. How to use them is explained in Ozone manual. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Quote from v01d: “I find this is nonsense as far as 'not a support forum' goes. Please look on what is printed on the page inside of my purchased Segger J-Link EDU unit, see photo attached. ” Good catch. The EDU inserts have indeed not been updated yet and can lead to confusion with the "support" given in forum. The forum is and always was a community forum where the community can give each other advice and thus "support". As explained in the forum rules our e…

• Hi, quick update. Try launching ES with CL option "open -n". This should allow you to open multiple instances of the same app under macOS. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Lorenzo, Thank you for your inquiry. The reported behaviour was reproducible and we are working on a fix. The issue comes from new access rights management imposed by Catalina which has not been communicated properly by Apple. Anyhow we are sure that we will find a solution soon. For now a quick workaround would be to use different versions of ES at the same time. This does not seem to be blocked by the new macOS access right system. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. To stay up to date …

• ST-Link On Board feedback

SEGGER - Nino - - General

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We will discuss this internally and improve the tool where needed. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. On the J-Link EDU Mini you will find a 1 printed next to the header. This is the side Pin1 is on. On your cable you will find a red marking. This is also the side where Pin 1 is located. If you match them you should not have any orientation issues. The debugger should not be damaged by flipping the debug interface. The target device might depending on the board design. Best regards, Nino

• Hi Joe, quick update. The latest J-Link software version should have not fixed return values for SetupTarget. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The App Core is currently not supported as it is not directly accessible via the debug port. Only Com core is supported. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, This is still *not* at support forum! Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules before posting. Bumping threads will only slow down our answering process as threads with oldest activity will be answered first. So you are really not helping yourself here. If you have a valid support request and are in support period with the affected SEGGER product feel free to open a support request via our official support channels. You can find all needed information in my signature. If your prod…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. We were able to reproduce the behaviour and are working on a fix. The return value for SetupTarget is indeed not being evaluated at the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Best regards, Nino

• Hi Alex, Quote from almost_linear: “Do I need to populate the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_X_GetTimestamp() function instead of using the DWT (0xE0001004) cycle counter on its own? ” This is optional. The cycle counter is usually accurate enough. If I understand correctly you worry about the measurement of 3 us instead of 0.5 us. This is expected. As written on our website the overhead for a RTT write is ~1us. When entering and exiting an ISR you have two write commands. Now put in the mix that some more data…

• Hello, Thank you for providing the Commander Session. It appears that your application has write protected parts of the Flash memory which leads to the error behaviour. We will investigate if we can improve our Flash algorithm so it can clear such locked areas. This will most likely be added with the next couple of J-Link software versions. To stay up to date you can subscribe here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7 Generally we recommend not to lock your device before debugging is …

• Hello, The generic components are usually detected automatically by J-Trace PRO via the ROMTable. But the ROMTable for this device seems incomplete so it needs to be added manually. Such an example script can be found attached. Keep in mind that the addresses you use must be accessible by the DAP. Otherwise the device might crash during initialization. You need to set ETB, ETM and TPIU base address so the generic init can work. Unfortunately the target device reference manual does not specify wh…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. If you did not change your setup and your application everything should still be working. For the unlock to work the reset pin must be connected to J-Link. Could you check if the reset line is correctly wired? Should that still not work could you provide a J-Link log file for investigation? wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The Mediatek 6765 is currently not supported by J-Link: segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php As such chips are usually not designed to be debugged by a external debug probe but rather to have a Linux running on top of it there are currently no plans to add support for this particular device. However you can try to add support yourself. I assume that the error message comes from some targetspecific init steps needed before the core can be accessed. This ca…