Search Results

Search results 301-320 of 322.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello Karsten, sorry for the delay. 1. Is it necessary to link with A5 for the SAM9263, or will the A4 version work as well ? The A4 libraries will work withthe SAM9263, you can use A5 as well A4 libraries. 2. Which compiler-switches were used to build the embOS libraries A4 and A5 ? We used the compiler setting for A4: -mcpu=arm7tdmi A5: -mcpu=arm9e and for both: -mlittle-endian or -mbig-endian and -c -mapcs-frame -Os I will test Yagarto-toolchain with SAM9263 and keep you posted. Regards, Til

• Task stack overflow?

SEGGER - Til - - embOS related

Hello Eike, could please post your application code? Perhaps you made something wrong, how big are your task stacks, what is your task code? Did you connect the profiling tool embOSView over the uart? If so you would see a error message in embOSView if you have a task stack overflow. If you do not use embOSView you can set a breakpoint in the function OS_Error(). This function is called if an error like stack overflow occurs. Regards, Til

• FUJITSU Jasmine GDC driver

SEGGER - Til - - emWin related

Hello, please do not use PHP code tags in your post, it is a little bit hard to read. I am wondering If you really have so much problems using our software why did you not contact our support? The 24bpp mode is definitely supported! I would like to ask you to write an email with detailed information about your issue to support@segger.com. Regards, Til

• embOS ARM/GNU

Hello Klaux, the function OS_IRQ_SERVICE is now named IRQ_HANDLER, so there exists no function OS_IRQ_SERVICE. I will update the documentation. Regards, Til

• Embos and KD3083

KD3083 uses a small monitor program in the target processor. It communicates over the UART1, so please check if the right address 0x0FFFD00 is set in the interrupt table at position 19. It is defined in KD3083Vect.asm, but maybe you overwrite the interrupt table with another file? I guess the IAR linker would not complain about this.

• How to create makelib

Hello, R.S.Ram Prakash, Tool chain documentation is just the documentation for your compiler and librarian tool. Your changes in cc.bat are definitely wrong! You must change more than this. 1. You must know how to compile one file on the command line. This is what you need for cc.bat 2. You must know how to make a library on the command line from several object files If you are not familiar with your TMS320DM642 compiler you will not be able to build the emWin library. Which is the exact name of…

• How to create makelib

Hello, R.S.Ram Prakash, yes, you can build an emWin library on every CPU/Compiler. Please have a look in your compiler/linker/librarian documentation how to build a library. You should start with the cc.bat, so you can compile the C source files. If this works you just must know how to create a library from these object files. I am not familiar with the TMS320DM642 compiler, but I guess you will find more information in your tool chain documentation. Regards, Til

• ARM9 dev kit with Linux

Hello Wuke, the board looks nice but I don't think that this board is really cheap because you also need a JTAG emulator. If you buy e.g. a Toshiba starterkit BMSKTOPASA910 the JTAG emulator J-Link is already included. And I am not sure if I would like to buy a evalboard from somewhere in China, but that is only my personal opinion. You could be also interested in olimex.com

• ARM9 dev kit with Linux

I would recommend you the Toshiba starterkit BMSKTOPASA910, it comes with complete BSP from Segger (all Segger products run on this starterkit) but you can also run linux on it (please contact BPlan bplan.com or Toshiba for more linux details).

• I am not familiar with Code Composer Studio, until now I thought I would be an embedded workbench for Texas Instruments DSP controllers and not a workbench for writing windows software. Why don't you want to use Microsoft Visual Studio? There is also a free Version on Microsoft's website, called something like Visual Studio Express. I recommend you to use this version for the emWin simulation.

• What do you like to do? Do you want to use the emWin simulation (with Microsoft Visual Studio) or do you want to develop in your hardware? I recommend you to take a look in your IDE documentation to learn how to include files in your workbench.

• Deleting a Queue?

No, there is no opposite function for OS_Q_Create(). We will implement such a function perhaps in further embOS releases, but this will not be very soon.

• OS_Send_String

Yes, you are right, these additional bytes are the embOSView protocol. This has the advantage that you can use profiling and communicate via Uart at the same time.

• Forum Help

SEGGER - Til - - General

I am not sure if that is correct. I just tried also the word "getmail" and the search function found some topics with "OS_GetMail", so I don't think it is too literial. Please check if you have enabled the checkbox at "Exact match" in the search form, it should be disabled. And please don't hesitate to post a question even we had the same question before.

• OS_GetMailCond1 question

I guess you made a simple mistake. The return values of OS_GetMailCond1() are: Return value 0: Success; message retrieved. 1: Message could not be retrieved (mailbox is empty); destination remains unchanged. Therefore (OS_GetMailCond1(&mb,&key)) is true when the mailbox is empty. This should be the right code: if (OS_GetMailCond1(&mb,&key) == 0) { process(key); }

• embOSview over TCP

Until now embOSView runs only with serial connection but we will have a solution for DCC (on ARM controllers) and TCP/IP in the next quarter.

• New project workspace

Hi Mike, you have to disable the IAR stack check plugin. You find this in the project settings | debugger | plugins, just deselect the checkbox in front of stack. The IAR stack check plugin does not work with the embOS task stacks because it cannot know where the task stacks are located in RAM. Regards, Til

• embOS without J-Link

Hello David, you can also evaluate embOS with embOS simulation. This runs in Windows with Microsoft Visual Studio. Another way to use embOS for ARM is using the IAR Embedded workbench and then using the simulator target, if you don't want to use real hardware or a jtag emulator like jlink. We have a ARM/GNU embOS version, so you can use GNU tools to build the code, but you need a simulator oder real hardware with jtag emulator to run embOS. Regards, Til

• Please be aware that J-Link for Linux has only beta status. I just tried it under Debian Linux w/o problems: J-Link>usb 0 Connecting to J-Link via USB (Port: 0) Info: CP15.0.0: 0x41069265: ARM, Architecure 5TEJ Info: CP15.0.1: 0x1D152152: ICache: 16kB (4*128*32), DCache: 16kB (4*128*32) DLL version V3.75t, compiled Dec 10 2007 10:27:45 Firmware: J-Link compiled Mar 3 2008 19:52:16 ARM Rev.5 Hardware: V5.30 S/N : 1 Feature(s) : JFlash, RDI, FlashBP, FlashDL, GDB VTarget = 3.300V Info: TotalIRLen …

• Hello hornb, embOS generates this error if you have nested Rx interrupts. This could be caused by one of the following cases: a) Interrups occur to fast (baudrate too high) b) CPU is too slow c) Interrupt latency times of other interrupts are too high Did you test it with the original code? The Rtosinit.c is already prepared for COM0 and COM1. Regards, Til