Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. How to create flash placement files and their syntax is explained in the Embedded Studio manual. You can open the manual under Help->Contents or browse it online. studio.segger.com/ Here are the corresponding sections covering that topic: studio.segger.com/ide_section_placement.htm studio.segger.com/arm_memory_map_files.htm studio.segger.com/ide_section_placement_file_format.htm Alternatively you can use the SEGGER Linker. The manual for it can be found in the …

• JLink Scripts

SEGGER - Nino - - J-Link/Flasher related

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. You can find the messages in the J-Link log file: wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that the Raspberry 3+ is not supported by us as a target device. As you suspected correctly you would need to initialize the device with a JLinkScript to take care of all target specific init steps that usually your Linux/Boot image would do. Quote from ppryga: “There is a possibility to write a special script for J-Link, to set up CPU but documentation is poor and I do not know how to do it. ” This is exactly the reason why we did not implement sup…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. Could you verify your setup with J-Link Commander? wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander Does a connection work here? Could you provide a screenshot of the J-Link Commander session? Is the target voltage of 1.8 V expected? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. To achieve higher download speeds you can increase the interface speed. J-Link Plus only supports up to 15 MHz and J-Link Ultra+ up to 50 MHz. This should already increase the speed of the general download sequence as we can send data and commands faster to the target. However at some point the target device itself with its Flashcontroller becomes the bottleneck or the target even does not support the higher interface speeds and the connection becomes unstable.…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. As you correctly found out the target DDR init has to be executed on such devices first so it is accessible by the debug probe. This can be done using the JLinkScript and e.g script function SetupTarget(). Please understand that we can't assist you in this as board specific initialization is user responsibility. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Ok so it appears that the small size 32 pin Nucleo boards don't offer the header due to space constrictions. Nonetheless all 64 pin and higher models should come with one. We will see if we can add a guide to our Wiki explaining how to use a J-Link with the 32 pin board versions. As it stands for now there will still be no plans to expand the reflash utility. Best regards, Nino

• Profiling CortexM0 with Ozone

SEGGER - Nino - - General

Hello Kalle, Quote from kraiskil: “I looked into SystemView and RTT. If I understand correctly, I can get coarse-grained function execution times recorded with it, but only if I manually instrument the source code of the functions to monitor? ” Correct. Quote from kraiskil: “While reading up on all this, I bumped into the Data Watchpoint Trigger (DWT) module which is an optional but implemented feature, (since I am on a STM32F0). But this thread Enable PC-Sampling in Ozone suggest Ozone is not (…

• Hello, Quote from unebonnevie: “Wow! I didn't know that! What are my alternatives to get support? ” You could get a new probe so the support period gets reset. For that we offer a trade in program: segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/ Quote from unebonnevie: “Would you please detail the steps how to make RTTLogger work on your end. It does not for me, regardless of the SEGGER_RTT_printf(1, ...) calls I do with channel 1 supplied. Please share with me your JLinkRTTLogger command line that you us…

• Hello, Quote from thomask77: “Sad to hear that. The small NUCLEO-32 boards do not have the MIPI-10 connector. ” That is interesting. ST assured us that all ST-Link V3 boards will have the 10 pin connector for external probes which was the reason why they did not want to cooperate in this case. Could you provide a link to the Nucleo in question? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Currently there are no plans to add the ST-Link V3 to the reflash utility as all ST Evalboard released so far with this ST-Link version offer a debug interface for external probes so you can use your J-Link directly without any trouble. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Kevin, You are welcome. As the initial question has been answered this thread will be closed now. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. We were able to reproduce the issue. There was an error in how the command was handled. It will be fixed in the next Ozone version. There will be two limitations when this command may be used. 1. it must be called before File.Open. 2. It can't be used during rutime of the target application. To stay up to date with Ozone you can subscribe here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=178,7 Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Please not that this is *no* support forum! Also the J-Link that you are using is out of support period for over a year. So please understand that we can't offer prioritized assistance in such a case... The dropping of data over Channel 1 with RTTViewer was reproducible. We will investigate this further. As for the RTTLogger, here everything seems to work as expected so not sure what we should advise you on. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Kevin, Thank you for your inquiry. We use the Samtec FTSH-110-01-F-DV in our designs. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Generally that target device should be tracable with our J-Trace PRO Cortex probe. Could you name the S/N of your probe for verification? For that particular device we do not have a trace example project yet so you would need to create your own target specific trace initialization for it. How to is explained here: wiki.segger.com/How_to_configu…t_files_to_enable_tracing We will add this device to our wish list to be added to tested devices with an example proje…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. It is correct that the linker will create a section there, but it will not be downloaded. It is just information for the linker not to place code there. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Great to hear that you are up and running again. This thread will now be marked as solved. Best regards, Nino

• Profiling CortexM0 with Ozone

SEGGER - Nino - - General

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Cortex-M0 devices unfortunately lack any kind of hardware tracing capability. That is why nothing happens in Ozone. Optional trace features are implemented in Cortex-M0+ and higher. Nonetheless we provide SEGGER RTT as an I/O terminal that can be used for advanced debugging techniques and code analysis. segger.com/products/debug-prob…about-real-time-transfer/ Our free tool SystemView utilizes that RTT buffer and enables software tracing even on Cortex-M0 that w…

• Hello Peter, Good to hear that you are up and running again. It appears that I-Jet simply ignores the error and works around it. We on the other hand will tell you if the IDE tells J-Link something "illegal" to do This thread will be marked as solved now. Best regards, Nino