Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi, Indeed. When using the nRF52-DK it is even easier as the J-Link OB that is used on that board comes with the CDC feature out of the box as you already suggested. So you can directly communicate with the device via the COM port that is opened: wiki.segger.com/CDC Best regards, Nino

• Hi, This would of course be only a one time pop up which would then be saved for future sessions for that device in the current setup context. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Quote from rabbitlennon: “If I buy SDK now, can I get a free update with that feature? ” J-Link SDK comes with 6 months of free updates. After that the license needs to be renewed. Quote from rabbitlennon: “Any way to give a distinct file name on each invocation of Trace.ExportCSV()? For example, a self-increasing static/global integer which can be converted to a char string. I checked the documentation of the Script file language but didn't find any workaround. ” This is currently not av…

• Hello Bar, Thank you for your inquiry. You have several options here. 1. Arm Semihosting with operation SYS_TIME. 2. Create an IO option on your target device that shows as com port. If you want to do this in software and your target device has USB you can use emUSB CDC device class: segger.com/products/connectivity/emusb-device/ 3. Use RTT as IO. With J-Link SDK you can create an application that feeds the system time to the target device. segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk…

• Hello, Great to hear that you are up and running again. We will consider this thread as solved now. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, 1: No, you can use your current J-Trace PRO. It will be launched with a J-Link software release which are available for free so you just need to install the latest software when it is available. 2: Currently not possible. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. If you issue a simple erase command with J-Link Commander or Embedded Studio and similar it will erase all internal Flash Banks. This includes the BootROM for this device as it is configurable. If you are debugging with Embedded Studio there is usually never the need to explicitly call erase. Simply start the debug session. J-Link software will then only erase the necessary Flash regions instead of all Flash. Nonetheless we are going to improve J-Link softwares…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. J-Trace PRO will currently buffer instruction trace data up to 64 MB (depending on your target device this can be more or less than 67M datapoints). We are currently working on expanding Ozone and J-Trace PRO so you can select to buffer more data into either your host PCs RAM or to one or multiple trace files. This can be then reloaded to Ozone at a later time for analysis or you can use your own analyzers if you save the data into a file. Our current schedule …

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Correct, different data channels would be trace pins, trace buffer and SWO. Only one can be evaluated at a time. But ETM and ITM packets can be channeled through the trace pins at the same time. This has to be supported by the target device however. J-Link software will do this automatically when available for timestamp packages from the ITM. For other packet types you can use the SWO API from the J-Link SDK. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Giacomo, Thank you for your inquiry. That data can only be accessed with a J-Link EDU if the target device has an MTB or ETB implemented. In all other cases a J-Trace PRO would be needed to capture the ETM data that is streamed out of the trace port on the target device. See here for more information about the different trace types: wiki.segger.com/General_information_about_tracing Best regards, Nino

• SAMA5 ETB trace

SEGGER - Nino - - J-Link/Flasher related

Hello, We tried to reproduce the issue with a SAMA5D2 XPlained Ultra but everything was working as expected with Embedded Studio and Ozone. Are you using the same board? If not which one? If you are using the same board, did you convert the EDBG to J-Link or did you leave it as EDBG? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The J-Link software version you are using is a couple of months old. Could you give the latest software version a try? segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack Does that solve the issue? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. With the latest Embedded Studio V4.18 you should now have the pre build option as a solution option as well. Could you give it a try? Is that what you were looking for? Best regards, Nino

• SAMA5 ETB trace

SEGGER - Nino - - J-Link/Flasher related

Hello, I moved the inquiry to a new thread as this question is not related to the other. Both J-Links support ETB trace on the SAMA5 target device. Do you get any error message? Which version of Ozone are you using? Do you get any error messages? Best regards, NIno

• Hello, Quote from DawidS: “I know Ozone - the last version I used didn't had the ability to search in ETM Trace log which made Ozone almost useless for us ” Could you elaborate how you can do this in Keil? I just tested the latest uVision version and their instruction trace window was not searchable whatsoever. If you are looking to dump the trace data and search it with an editor or similar you can do so in Ozone by right clicking the instruction trace data in the instruction trace window and s…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. 1: Will be fixed in a future SystemView source release. 2: Is not reproducible with the currently available SystemView sources: segger.com/downloads/jlink/systemview_target_src Which version are you using? Quote from rise.cai: “If the LGPL license will protect the sample.c and config.c under SystemView/Sample and SystemView/Config doc? ” You can find the licensing terms in the files headers. Quote from rise.cai: “Is there a way to fix the BUG by myself? ” Curre…

• Hello, Attached you can find an example SWO project that contains an Ozone project which will output the SWO stream in Ozone terminal. Could you give that a try? I tested it with our STM32F103 Nucleo Board that we have in house and everything is working as expected. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Happy to see your interest in SystemView. Currently we do not offer a public repository for collaboration and there are no plans to add such an interface. So the correct approach for now would be to either post us your suggestions in this forum or contact us via e-mail etc. and we will review them between our projects. Best regards, Nino

• Hi JLuc, Thanks for verification. This explains why the build is failing with the new version as the new Linker script is referenced now where the regions are renamed to be more consistent. By adjusting the memorymap file or memory segments settings in your project as described above should fix this issue. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Great to hear that you are up and running again. Quote from billium: “If I can find out how I'll mark as solved. ” Don't worry I will take care of it. Quote from billium: “One point though, if I use JLinkSWOViewer I can see my ITM_Print(0,"hello") but although the terminal now has 'SWO Active' I do not see anything when the processor is running. (All it is doing is sending ITM print messages every second) ” All you have to do is enable SWO in trace settings in Ozone. Make sure that the st…