Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. J-Trace PRO will currently buffer instruction trace data up to 64 MB (depending on your target device this can be more or less than 67M datapoints). We are currently working on expanding Ozone and J-Trace PRO so you can select to buffer more data into either your host PCs RAM or to one or multiple trace files. This can be then reloaded to Ozone at a later time for analysis or you can use your own analyzers if you save the data into a file. Our current schedule …

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Correct, different data channels would be trace pins, trace buffer and SWO. Only one can be evaluated at a time. But ETM and ITM packets can be channeled through the trace pins at the same time. This has to be supported by the target device however. J-Link software will do this automatically when available for timestamp packages from the ITM. For other packet types you can use the SWO API from the J-Link SDK. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Giacomo, Thank you for your inquiry. That data can only be accessed with a J-Link EDU if the target device has an MTB or ETB implemented. In all other cases a J-Trace PRO would be needed to capture the ETM data that is streamed out of the trace port on the target device. See here for more information about the different trace types: wiki.segger.com/General_information_about_tracing Best regards, Nino

• SAMA5 ETB trace

SEGGER - Nino - - J-Link/Flasher related

Hello, We tried to reproduce the issue with a SAMA5D2 XPlained Ultra but everything was working as expected with Embedded Studio and Ozone. Are you using the same board? If not which one? If you are using the same board, did you convert the EDBG to J-Link or did you leave it as EDBG? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The J-Link software version you are using is a couple of months old. Could you give the latest software version a try? segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack Does that solve the issue? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. With the latest Embedded Studio V4.18 you should now have the pre build option as a solution option as well. Could you give it a try? Is that what you were looking for? Best regards, Nino

• SAMA5 ETB trace

SEGGER - Nino - - J-Link/Flasher related

Hello, I moved the inquiry to a new thread as this question is not related to the other. Both J-Links support ETB trace on the SAMA5 target device. Do you get any error message? Which version of Ozone are you using? Do you get any error messages? Best regards, NIno

• Hello, Quote from DawidS: “I know Ozone - the last version I used didn't had the ability to search in ETM Trace log which made Ozone almost useless for us ” Could you elaborate how you can do this in Keil? I just tested the latest uVision version and their instruction trace window was not searchable whatsoever. If you are looking to dump the trace data and search it with an editor or similar you can do so in Ozone by right clicking the instruction trace data in the instruction trace window and s…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. 1: Will be fixed in a future SystemView source release. 2: Is not reproducible with the currently available SystemView sources: segger.com/downloads/jlink/systemview_target_src Which version are you using? Quote from rise.cai: “If the LGPL license will protect the sample.c and config.c under SystemView/Sample and SystemView/Config doc? ” You can find the licensing terms in the files headers. Quote from rise.cai: “Is there a way to fix the BUG by myself? ” Curre…

• Ozone on debian buster segfault

SEGGER - Nino - - General

Hello, Attached you can find an example SWO project that contains an Ozone project which will output the SWO stream in Ozone terminal. Could you give that a try? I tested it with our STM32F103 Nucleo Board that we have in house and everything is working as expected. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Happy to see your interest in SystemView. Currently we do not offer a public repository for collaboration and there are no plans to add such an interface. So the correct approach for now would be to either post us your suggestions in this forum or contact us via e-mail etc. and we will review them between our projects. Best regards, Nino

• Hi JLuc, Thanks for verification. This explains why the build is failing with the new version as the new Linker script is referenced now where the regions are renamed to be more consistent. By adjusting the memorymap file or memory segments settings in your project as described above should fix this issue. Best regards, Nino

Hello, Great to hear that you are up and running again. Quote from billium: “If I can find out how I'll mark as solved. ” Don't worry I will take care of it. Quote from billium: “One point though, if I use JLinkSWOViewer I can see my ITM_Print(0,"hello") but although the terminal now has 'SWO Active' I do not see anything when the processor is running. (All it is doing is sending ITM print messages every second) ” All you have to do is enable SWO in trace settings in Ozone. Make sure that the st…

• Hello, We received your inquiry vie our support system as well. To keep all information at once place this thread will be closed now. Best regards, Nino

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The issue should be fixed with Ozone V2.62f. Could you give it a try? Best regards, Nino

• Hi, G4 support will be added with the next J-Link software beta planned this week. To get a notification when it is available you can subscribe here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94 Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The J-Link software package for ARM hosts comes without support so please understand that we can't put time into this issue. Alternatively we recommend using an external PC that is connected to the Raspberry via Network and use a Telnet Client on the external PC to access the RTT data via port 19021. To enable this RTTTelnetAllowNonLocalClient must be set in the Raspberry instance. More information can be found in the J-Link user guide UM08001. Best regards, Ni…

• Hi, We have now ordered the boards and will investigate this when they arrive. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Long, Please understand that we can't assist you further here as it would leave the assist scope of our forum as it is user responsibility to debug user made setup issues. We provided you with a working example project for reference which you can use for further investigation. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Quote from Asinus: “Where do I have to correct this? In an existing file or in project optinons or where? ” You can do so in the project options in category Linker. There you can right click the entry and select open. Or if you right click your project in the project explorer in the context menu you should see "Edit Linker Script" at the bottom. EDIT: Sorry this was how to edit linker scripts but they are correct. You need to edit the memory map or memory segments settings instead. In pro…