Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi All, Does anyone know the simplest way to design/emulate something like a 'paint' window? i.e. what you could probably call a 'DRAW' widget, where say you define a blank window, and you capture and display all PID inputs in that window. for example, my display is 800x480, touch screen. 1) I want to make a window of say 400x400, and allow the user to actually 'draw' in the window with their finger? 2) and just display a dot or pixel at each touch point? Only thing I can think of is to just set…

• Hi All, Just wanted to share this, in case anyone out there was working on an STM32H7xx (or similar) project, and was looking to switch over to SES. (I know Segger has mentioned they are still working on their IAR to SES import flow (as well as adding a CubeMx type import).) The IAR<->SES import currently works for the basic project properties, etc, but you will still need to fix some things up manually, and I found some of the files from their 'Nucleo eval board' example code merged with some o…

• Hi Mike, Not sure if my ideas are valid or not, but figured I'd mention what I think my approach would be, a couple different possibilites: 1) Create 'Window' widgets that are the size of your BMPs, and just have the BMPs displayed with the WM_PAINT callback for each window widget... You can use the 'WM_HideWindow/WM_ShowWindow() APIs to make them go away or be shown.. (I'm currently doing a very similar setup with 4 buttons off my 'main menu' in my design) 2) Create 'IMAGE' Widgets instead of t…

• Well, just to update: It appears there are conflicts of about 6 or so functions in the 'cmsis_gcc.h', which comes with Free_RTOS, and the same functions declared in the 'intrinsics.h', that comes with Segger Studio.. ie '\SEGGER\SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM 4.16\include\intrinsics.h' example cmsis_gcc.h: Source Code (1 line) intrinsics.h: Source Code (1 line) So for some reason these functions are not defined the same within the Embedded Studio and elsewhere...

• Hi, I'm currently working on a project using IAR EWARM, which is using the STemWin API library and the FreeRTOS library. I wanted to try Embedded Studio to see how it does compared to IAR, and it mostly builds except for 14 errors when compiling the 'cmsis_os.c', which is part of the FreeRTOS and comes with the STemWin library. (ie you can find it in your latest StemWin 1.4.0, "STemWin_Library_V1.4.0\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\CMSIS_RTOS\cmsis_os.c" I made a simple 'temp' project wi…

• Sven had told me in another thread I opened to try this (although at the time I was trying to use both hardware layers of the lcd controller in my mcu, but I put that aside for now) Add a callback function to your frame window, see if it works? Source Code (8 lines)

• Quote from volodymyr: “Quote from MikeFlyersFan: “Hi, Is there a way to change the background color of the MULTIPAGE tab? I'm able to change the tab font without issues, and the background color of the dialog box attached to the tab... but the tab itself always has a white background? (see the attached picture) ” Hello. I already solved this. I wrote callback-function for multipage like this: Source Code (22 lines)” Oh man! This is even better! I didn't even think about the 'focused' versus 'non…

• Hi Sven, Ok, thanks for the heads up, I'm using the Flex skin for the widget, so I'll play with the properties and see if I can get it.. thanks again, - Mike

• Hi, Is there a way to change the background color of the MULTIPAGE tab? I'm able to change the tab font without issues, and the background color of the dialog box attached to the tab... but the tab itself always has a white background? (see the attached picture)

• distortion in swipelist

MikeFlyersFan - - emWin related

Hi, So, currently I'm still using 'blocking' mode as you are, as I still see corruption when using non-blocking (ie DMA interrupt mode). I don't know yet what that actual issue is, but I didn't really see any advantage to using non-blocking anyhow, so I'm sticking with this for now. *In either case, as I mentioned, you need to make sure any memory you are using for LCD operations is either 'flushed' before any DMA, or your memory is setup as 'WRITETHROUGH' so it cannot be cached.... I was using …

• distortion in swipelist

MikeFlyersFan - - emWin related

Not sure if this is what is occurring for you, but figured I'd mention what I was seeing just in case.. I'm currently working on a project using an STM32H7.. using the DMA2D transfers, which is pretty much how all transfers are done with the lower level driver that emWin calls.. Anyhow, I was seeing a bunch of distortion as well, especially when trying to use the non-blocking/interrupt driven DMA functions. I ended up going back to using blocking, as the interrupt-driven still is not quite right…

• ** REsolved this issue, it was indeed handling the 'UP" (loss of contact) Interrupt even in my touch ISR ** Once I handled the no-contact event, and reported it via the 'GUI_TOUCH_StoreStateEx()' API *** This thread can be closed as SOLVED ***

• Do I just need to send a 'WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED' msg to the window to release the widget? (since I only have an lcd touchscreen, and no hardware buttons that actually release??) Ok, so I'm guessing this is all related to my touch setup, my LCD has a built-in touch controller (FT5246), so I'm using the touch interrupt to call my touch_ISR, in which I read the touch contents, and call the 'GUI_TOUCH_StoreState()' with the touch co-ordinates. But I'm guessing there should also be 'touch released…

• Hi All, I believe I am seeing this with other Widgets as well, but currently I'm just trying to get a simple SLIDER widget working, with an OK and Cancel button on the same window... I'm using an STM32H7 with a 5.0" Touch LCD screen ONLY, there is NO keyboard or anything else involved. The OK/Cancel will work fine as long as you don't touch on the SLIDER, once you do, the slider is forever focussed, and no matter where I touch on the entire LCD screen, the SLIDER remains focussed... This is simp…

• Ok, I keep re-reading the emWin User-Guide, I think I'm starting to understand the multi-layer a bit more. GUI_NUM_LAYERS equates to HARDWARE LAYERS (or PHYSICAL NUMBER OF LCD DEVICES)... emWin can do 'software layers' to do multiple layers virtually, but have to specifically set that up.. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I see what's going on.. the example Iwas looking at was the ''TemperatureControl'' example from the Segger site directly, it was using 3 layers, but I see now. it's …

• Ok, No luck... I'm now just trying something simple, creating the two dialog boxes, not caring about transparency at this point, just want it to show layer1 over layer 0, but it seems layer1 just doesn't do anything to the framebuffer, it's WM_PAINT callback does get called, but nothing is drawn. If I create both dialog boxes on layer0, then it does draw both of them.. so I must be doing someething stupid that I missed? I have GUI_NUM_LAYERs AS 2, and NUM_BUFFERS as 1, as I only have enough exte…

• Hi Sven, Awesome, thanks so much, yeah, I'm using an LCDConf.c that is basically from one of the examples from STM, so their layer0 and 1 are setup as: Source Code (11 lines)I had a feeling what I was missing was that trans setup, I wasn't doing that: WM_SetHasTrans(pMsg->hWin); Going to try this tonight, and I'll report back! Thanks so much!

• Hi Mike, I'm working on something similar right now, and I just wrestled through the BMP area, finally got their bitmap routines to work. 1) first make sure you have the call the to BMP routine you need in the WM_PAINT callback message for your window.. 2) The BMP image itself needs to be in the 'emWin' BMP format, NOT standard BMP format as you would view it on your PC...so if that is what you are using, use their BMP converstion tool to save the image as either a ".c" file (and compile the bmp…

• Hi, I'm using STemWin on my current project which is using an STM32H7, 800x480 TFT, using the LTDC controller. I'm trying to determine the correct approach to creating this type of design, which I figured I would creating using 2 emWin layers. 1) layer0 - contains full size window that is painted with a full size bmp image (background) 2) layer1 - contains multiple windows (they will be menus) that each have different widgets within them (laying them out using the GUIBuilder). ** I would like th…

• Hi Nino, Thanks so much for your information, this is a great support forum, I'm really loving this J-Link device, just picked it up a few weeks ago... your software has so much more versatility than any other Jtag devices I already have. I realized that the SPEAR600 is really the same internally as the SPEAR300, with the exception of the 600 having the two ARM cores (versus 1 in the 300). ST has fixed their reference links for the SPEAR600, so now they point you to the SPEAR300 Reference manual…