Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 235.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ozone hardlocks on debug start ...

v01d - - Ozone related

Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “Could you provide a sample application that could run on an eval board that shows this behaviour with reproduction steps? ” Providing a sample always requires one time to be spent on it. I can tell you that if you start with just a sample default code startup for the TMS570xxx chip using their/TI default code you should be able to get it straight away. Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “Which distribution and version? Default install, or custom changes? ” Fedora x86_64, Fedora…

• ok thread resolved then.

• Is there a J-Link script setting which _disallows_ all sw bkptrs and only does hw ones .?

• Using J-Trace Cortex, TMS570LS12x chip, CCS IDE v10.3. If debugger injects a Sw bkpkt, then it is no longer possible to resume/step the code, either C statement or ASM. This is in CCS. Once this happens, the CCS Looking at asm, for e.g: Source Code (3 lines) So the CPU is stuck at line 1, and ASM step doens't work. Further, debugger/ide fails to read bunch of registers from that point, SP, CP, SPSR. Source Code (5 lines)Moving PC manually, i.e. setnextline , or move to line, by setting to line 2…

• I found manual reference to color and the setting under Preferences -> Appearance , Source Viewer . BUT, there is no setting to change editor background... Is there way to do it?

v01d - - Ozone related

I think it may be good if you provide full debug version / symbols for the Linux Ozone, so I could quicker help you trace where it got stuck exactly, in which function ..? I'm willing to sign any NDA in the name of my Co.

v01d - - Ozone related

Hello, V3.22e. Host === Linux After looking more into this, it seem _ALWAYS_ the case that it freezes of any of the break points are set in the c init routine, e.g. checking reset cause, e.g por vs wdog reset. It does not, seems, happen anything past main(). My target : ARM Cortex-R4 / TMS570xx SoS (multiple verisons).

• Hi Alex, Normally, people would do Vanilla Eclipse CDT + GNU MCU free plugin, with Segger J-Link helper GUI plugin to support - like, configuring JLinkGDB sever startup etc ... I can't say I saw -rtos .. option giving anything different, i.e, in the debug view , under Debug there is always just one connection & one thread. I will double check again a brand new CDT, but something else is missing I think. Actually, ignoring All Eclipse entirely, and just using a suitably targeted GDB client , for …

• Quote from SEGGER - Alex: “TI CCS is not using JLink GDBServer but loads the J-Link lib and uses the J-Link API directly. ” Thanks for replying Alex, I'm jumping from one thing to another here above - sorry, I was asking above, for case I skip CCS and use Eclipse + GDB directly + JLink GDBServer -rtos xxxx. (It should, I thought, then allow me to use the threads commands inside the gdb console, to switch over from one to other. )

• There should be expand/ collapse bracket inside the editor (yes, right inside the editor window) next to each C statement, which allows you to open it and see the matching ASM statements. (Pretty cool, if you ask me - interleaved assembly kinda, but you can hide it). Once you open it / expand it, your next step becomes ASM step, until you close it again - and then you back to C stepping.

v01d - - Ozone related

Ozone starts, load my project & uploads my binary, breaks in, but after I left it go / Run, it hard locks and becomes un-responsive .... Window becomes blurry / fonts go , unresponsive. Some snooping around, it seems stuck on some condition with no timeout: Source Code (19 lines)And then i have to kill it. Whats interesting same binary/target same J-Link but connecting with CCS does not do it, and runs Ok. I'm very sad about my Ozone ..

• Yes, it was bad of me not to check - I found details in the manual , just now need to try make the script changes. I'm all sorted, adjusted the register reading out per context save from my rtos port !

• @Alex Hi, there is a sort of 'free' plugin from WITTENSTEIN, at least you get task, queue, timers lists & stack & ticks info. But can I ask you to understand how it works whats needed for tasks stack call frames to work? Say assuming I go with JLinkGDBServer, and a GDB client which supports threads already -i.e you should be able to list threads ID"s and set current ID internally inside GDB console. If I load JLinkGDBServer with the -rtos switch, specifying the FreeRTOS plugin, so/dll, shouldn't…

• Is it possible to switch task's call stack frame when debugging in TI's CCSv10 with the J-Llink ..? Same as you can it seems do with Ozone: You can click on a task in FreeRTOS window, and it should display different callstack matching it.

• First wanted to verify what the FreeRTOSPlugin_CM4 displays for stack Info: Source Code (12 lines)So if I see <nnnn> / N/A, does this mean <nnn> == Is calculated Free stack space, and N/A for the unknown total stack size .? And, how can I expand the row with task info columns if I want to? For example, add stack watermark I could possibly add to same column, but what if I want to add another column for each task, how do I do it?

• The old / previous release has / had no such issue, as tested: SystemView_Linux_V320_x86_64.rpm Last metadata expiration check: 1:11:03 ago on Thu 25 Mar 2021 01:32:50 PM AEDT. Dependencies resolved. ========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================= Package Architecture Version Repository Size =====…

• Got latest rpm downloaded, sudo dnf install SystemView_Linux_V330_x86_64.rpm Last metadata expiration check: 1:06:06 ago on Thu 25 Mar 2021 01:32:50 PM AEDT. Dependencies resolved. ========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================= Package Architecture Version Repository Size ========================…

• Picking on someone's thread from few years back, I want to ask if Segger did anything about it : [SOLVED] MIPI ETM connector for J-Trace Cortex Pro I have 2 - 3 Ti boards with such connector with trace capability from Cortex Rx core (ETM), and I'm interested to know if I can use J-Trace for this (as I have .. ) and trying it out. E.g.: ti.com/tool/TMDX570LC43HDK I see no adapter for this anywhere on Segger website.... Anyone makes such adapter .. ? I wouldn't want to dump J-Trace probe and move …

• Hello Fabian, This excellently does what I want. Thank you! About piece of information: Please understand, I did not want to open a thread / start a new post on Segger forum asking about a TI CCS question. Asking about Segger's GUI / Segger config options made more sense (which in the end it is : JLink script file is not CCS, it's Segger specific init /config file) (Or , more polite way around , rather than asking straight how to setup my CCS ..) Thanks again.

• Hi Fabian, No, not quite. Yes, it is over IP. But, I do not believe its GDB, it's whatever debugger TI's CCS is using. CCS invokes JLink through dll/ so library, and I cannot pass anything to JLink through CCS interface, which then results in Segger's GUI popping up when it cannot find a USB device connected, asking for ID or IP of the JLink (wow, this is first time I'm actually glad that that Segger's GUI window exists, else I prob wouldn't be able to use JLink over IP at all. I usually always …