Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello Kevin, Thank you for your report. This sounds like the iMXRT bootloader reprograms some crucial setting that is needed for the Flash loader to work. We will see if the issue is reproducible and act accordingly. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Does your custom board have the onboard debugger as well? If so make sure it is disabled so there is no interference between internal and external probe. Quote from tpmeier: “It's worth noting that when trying to connect to the my custom board, the light on the JLink turns orange and stays that way until power to my board is turned off. Is this indicative of any issue? My understanding is that the orange light means that the device is in reset, but I don't understand why this would be the…

• Hello, When adding external libraries to ES we recommend doing so via project options and not CL. To do so simply edit project option "Additional Input files". Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Quote from JBE: “I would like to script the automation of my test too. I need to log in a file the SWO output. ” SWO tracing is currently not supported by Ozone and we have no pripority for that feature in SWO at the moment. Currently only printf statements via SWO can be logged in Ozone terminal. If printf SWO is what you are looking for then we have good news as we are currently working on a scriptable SWO printf export function to be able to save the terminal log to a file. If you need…

• Hello, Good find! It seems that the Ozone parser for Macros was skipping underscores under certain circumstances. This should be fixed in the next verison. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, What exactly do you mean by hiding it or to turn the question around, when would it not be hiding? For example I create a global macro called TestMacro=C:\Test. If I now go to my project settings and want to set an option that supports macro extension e.g. "Additional Assembler Options" and edit that I get the attached window. With the arrow (red circle) the macro list can be expanded. As you can see my global macro is also documented there. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Ran, Thank you for your inquiry. Generally addresses for hex files do not need to be passed as hex file contain address information within themselves. However the nrfgprog utility is not our software but made by Nordic Semi so we can't comment on the exact parameters that are needed to launch it properly. We suggest contacting Noridc in that regard. Anyways to use any external tool after a build you can use the post build command project option in Embedded Studio. There you can specify any…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. We received it via ticket system as well. To make sure no information gets lost between the different communications channels this ticket will be closed now. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Lars, Thank you for your inquiry. It seems that J-Link can't access the device properly. Attached is a working SWD connection to a SAMV71 XPlained Ultra eval board. Unfortunately it does not have JTAG so I could not test that. Do you have such an eval board? We recommend using it as reference and compare the signal quality from J-Link to target device. To make sure the J-Link has not been damaged does connection work to another target device with J-Link? Could you provide a J-Link log of a…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. What exactly is the setup you are trying to achieve? Are you using the internal compiler or an external one? Could you provide your project for reproduction? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for explaining your setup. Quote from jev: “However. We have the habit of using a single includefile to store all the generic control-macro's in. They must be available throughout the whole program. I do not want to hide these in an IDE somewhere. That's why we use the pre-include feature from IAR for (or add it to the CFLAGS in the Makefile for GCC through said -include option). Doesn't work though in SES. How can I do that? ” This can be done using global macros under Tools->O…

• Hi, That sounds strange indeed. An example implementation can be found attached. We create a ENV SYSTMP. When called in Ozone as $(SYSTMP) it resolves as expected. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Quote from weiqj: “I MCU is TI CC2538. The address is not in the flash section. Is it the reason that j-flash won't work? ” Yes in that case J-Flash is the wrong tool to use. This could be achieved with J-Flash via init or exit steps but it is much more complex than doing it with J-Link Commander. However using the J-Link Commander for production comes with the mentioned drawbacks. To have 100% control over your setup we suggest getting a J-Link SDK and write a simple tool based on J-Link…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. 1: It is not necessary to port IAR projects if you are using Nordic SDK. The latest SDK already has working Embedded Studio projects. For e.g. the blinky project you can find the emProject file under examples\ble_central\ble_app_blinky_c\pca10040\s132\ses If you still need to import some non Nordic SDK example from IAR the following guide can be used: wiki.segger.com/SEGGER_Embedde…to_SEGGER_Embedded_Studio 2: The license prompt should come up once you try to b…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. How did you create the project? You can also alternatively create an Atollic project and use the ES project importer for Eclipse. This should import your CubeMX project without any issues. Best regards, Nino

• Hi, We retested it and it was working as expected. Then we noticed that you are using a macro within a macro with "$HOME/nRF... This is currently not supported. So if you use the full home path instead it should be working. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Please understand that discussion J-Link SDK content in a public forum is against the license terms. If you are still under valid support period feel free to open a support ticket. More information can be found in my signature. This thread will be closed now. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Please understand that we can't put more time into checking your custom setup, as this leaves the scope of assistance we can give through the forum. As your project is based on the Nordic SDK we recommend using the latest SDK and one of the ready Embedded Studio example projects. For example in \examples\ble_central\ble_app_blinky_c\pca10040\s132\ses you can find the Embedded Studio project for the blinky project. You can use this as baseline for your additional files and add them to it. …

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. We tried to reproduce the behaviour using an RTT sample in Embedded Studio + RTTClient V6.40 and there was no double echo, see image attached. Which J-Link software version are you using? Could you send a screenshot that shows the issue you are seeing? What are the steps to reproduce the behaviour? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, We received your inquiry per ticket system as well. Could you try to keep information together in one communication channel for future inquires to make sure no information gets lost? To answer the solder bride question for all that stumble upon this thread: There is only one solder bridge on the adapter. Simply close that. We tried to reproduce the issue with a FRDM-K64F eval board and indeed unlock is not working when selecting JTAG as interface. With SWD everything was working as expect…