Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• a) Real time means that outputting a string usually does not affect the real time of your application, as it is mainly a memcpy() into a buffer, which is blazing fast. It does NOT mean that the data is immediately read out by J-Link. b) We strongly suggest to NOT use sleep modes as you can encounter all kinds of weird effects when using them. From double data, over garbage data up to crashes, everything is possible. c) 4 MHz is a quite slow TIF speed for RTT. You should be more at 15 MHz - 50 MH…

• There is no(!) guarantee to get a response on the forum within 24h. If you are entitled to get support, you should contact the regular support. The i.MX8 series is currently not supported by J-Link. There is some preliminary support that has been added by NXP and which is supported through NXP but you would need to get in touch with them in order to get the necessary script files etc.

• Well, it is marked as an I/O because it is an I/O. J-Link can drive it LOW and J-Link can release it and read the pin level. The pin is open drain. Input makes sense because there may be a reset button on the target HW that may be pushed asynchronously to J-Link. On some MCUs like the NXP Kinetis series, the reset pin is also an output of the MCU where it can be driven LOW if the MCU is reset by software, running on it.

• Hi, Can you please let us know the model, HW revision and S/N of the unit you are seeing the problem with?

• Hi Mario, Sounds great! Can you please send the bitfile to support_jlink@segger.com ? By referencing this thread, it will end up at the correct place. BR Alex

• Hi, We are already aware of a regression in the current V7.00 of the J-Link software, which affects exactly this device (actually it was me internally running into this). We are already working on a fix and plan to have it available by Friday.

• That’s why I asked for additional info.... I already suspected that it is the rules file but now we know it. We will fix this in one of the next versions.

• By the way: The correct tool to use for Flasher RX is the "J-Flash" software. The "Flasher V2.x" software is only compatible to the legacy Flasher 5 / Flasher 5 PRO programmers which do not even support RX. J-Flash is part of the software package: segger.com/downloads/flasher/#software-flasher

• There may be a misunderstanding here. You wrote: 1250000 baud => 1,250,000 baud => 1.25 MBaud The J-Link EDU V10 does not have any hardware UART on the VCOM pins, so it does things in software. This means it has a certain limit of what is doable. Max. baudrate for the V10 is about 180 kBaud. There is no way of unlocking higher baudrates for this model. As Nino wrote, the current ULTRA+ / PRO models support up to 10 MBaud. And before this comes up as a topic: Yes, we are aware of the FTDI USB to …

• You have an TMS470R1VF67 but selected a TMS470R1B512 in the J-Link software. These two devices are not guaranteed to be compatible from the flash programming point of view. We do not give any warranty that what you are doing will work. You are on your own with this. The TMS470R1VF67 is not supported by J-Link and support is not planned to be added, as this is a legacy ARM7 based device and this is the 2nd request for supporting it we got, since the device was released by TI a looong time ago. So…

• Hi Guillaume, Thanks for providing the log file. I do not see anything in the log file that indicates a crash / segmentation fault. The connection to the device is established, followed by a very loooong sequence of IsOpen() IsConnected() IsHalted() calls. In the end there is a Close() call and the log file is cleaned gracefully at the end. If a segmentation fault occurs, I would expect the software to crash somewhere, so we should see the log to stop abruptly, even in the middle of any API call…

• Hello, So far, your chip seems to be the only one out there that does not support the traditional JTAG / SWD selection sequences. We do not have seen any other request reg. this in the last couple of years since we support SWD. There are currently no plans to add the Source Code (1 line)sequence within the next 6-12 months, as this makes the connection sequence for *all* other devices slower because J-Link does not know if it is talking to a device that needs this or supports this new special se…

• Hi Christian, To answer your question reg. closing J-Flash with an error code if called with command line parameters, in case no license is found: We will think about that in the next team meeting which is scheduled for Tuesday. However, I cannot promise anything at this point. BR Alex

• Hi, You are confusing J-Link name with hostname here. The -ip <Name> command was never meant to resolve hostnames but was meant to resolve J-Link nick names to an actual IP. J-Links can be discovered via a special UDP broadcast packet in LAN (This is what J-Link Configurator does to find and list them). The response also contains the nickname of the J-Link. The hostname of your machine / VM / docker container etc. is something completely different. IP connections made by J-Link utilities are not…

• Hi, We need some add. information to be able to help here. 1. What does "unsuccessful" mean? (J-Link not listed in configurator anymore once switched to CMSIS-DAP mode? Listed but re-configure throws an error? If there is an error message, can you send a screenshot?) 2. Does it work under ArchLinux if JLinkConfigExe is started with superuser access rights? 3. Does it work under Windows?

• Hi, If you can provide your S/N, we can tell you if your model supports “fixed VTref” and so can avoid having VTH connected.

• I could think about rich-text-format (rtf) output or HTML as an option for streaming to out files. This would allow colored text. For rtf of course an editor with rtf support would need to be used but there are quite some out there

• Hi, to a) Correct to b) Correct

• Hi Jakob, There are 2 signals that sound very similar: nRST This is the reset pin of the MCU. This signal is used during programming. nTRST Test-logic-reset. Nowadays, most MCus do not even provide this signal. It is not really used during programming. So you can usually safely leave out this signal.

• Hi, - Eval board or custom hardware? - Can you please get us a J-Link log file? (wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file) - Is the board powered externally or by the J-Trace 5V output?