Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello, Yes this behaviour is expected as the linker generated sections can only be placed after everything else is placed. So unfortunately "last section" placement will not work for your use case. What you could do is either place the CRC at a fixed location with: place at address 0x.... { section .APP_END }; Or you would need to use an external tool that edits the bin/hex file and adds the CRC after the build is completed. If that tools supports command line arguments you can call it automatic…

• Hello Dan, Thank you for your inquiry. That sounds odd indeed. I just gave it a try with V3.22e on my Windows dev PC and for me it was working as expected: C Source Code (4 lines)Ozone complains that no main symbol was found and obviously the referenced source files. But it definitely does not crash for me. What host OS are you running on exactly? Do you see this behaviour with other PCs as well? Best regards, Nino

• Hello Dan, Thank you for your inquiry. Seems like youtube compression got the better of your video But if I understand you correctly, the issue is, that when using the GoTo address in disassembly the cursor will only stay there when the debug session is *not* in the halted state. Correct? Once halted state is active, the cursor will always jump back to the current PC. Correct? I tried to reproduce this on windows, but there it seems to be working. I will try to reproduce this on a macbook on Mon…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Quote from v01d: “So if I see <nnnn> / N/A, does this mean <nnn> == Is calculated Free stack space, and N/A for the unknown total stack size .? ” Correct. Quote from v01d: “And, how can I expand the row with task info columns if I want to? For example, add stack watermark I could possibly add to same column, but what if I want to add another column for each task, how do I do it? ” This should be explained in the Ozone manual. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. While we do not have any samples for GitHub Actions specifically, IIRC this is the automated build and test framework of GitHub, correct? In that case you can use emBuild, our command line build utility, which comes with Embedded Studio. For documentation see here: studio.segger.com/emBuild.htm Best regards, Nino

• Hello, as documented, function SEGGER_SYSVIEW_OnTaskStopReady() holds this information. The reason is passed there. All you need to do is to check where the call to this function comes from and what parameter is passed on. It is RTOS specific what reason/cause means what. If you debug this you will find that in file SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h the following task state defines are used to pass the reason/cause e.g. #define traceMOVED_TASK_TO_SUSPENDED_LIST This is also by the way reason 27 as you c…

• Hello Erwan, Thank you for the explanation. Good to hear that you are up and running again. We will close this topic now. Happy debugging! Best regards, Nino

• Ozone crash

SEGGER - Nino - - Ozone related

Hello, That would be much appreciated. Is the crash reproducible reliable with your IP protected application? Or randomly? A stripped down version would also be fine for us. We just need a way to recreate the crash on a dev PC ideally. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Morris, you can place the CRC dynamically with section placement directives. segger.com/doc/UM20005_Linker.html#Section_placement_control In your case it would be place in FLASH {last section .YourCRCSectionName}; Could you give this a try? Best regards, Nino

• Hello Morris, Thank you for your inquiry. How generally the SEGGER Linker works is explained here: segger.com/doc/UM20005_Linker.html Flash and RAM sizes are either directly defined in the .icf file or in a MemoryMap.xml in your project or via project option memory segments. With SEGGER linker you can place symbols or sections at specific addresses directly as well without needing to reference the memory regions at all. What exactly are you planning to do? If you are looking to do integrity chec…

• Hello Anguel, Thank you for your inquiry. Currently there are no plans to add SystemView instrumentation from our side. But you can of course add support yourself as documented in the SystemView user manual, as any RTOS or even bare-metal application can be instrumented with SystemView. The same goes for Ozone. Currently no plans, but the open RTOS plugin interface is described in the Ozone manual. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, the dumped format is the same frame format as described in the Arm Coresight documentation for ETM and TPIU. The frames then contain the different trace packet types which are described in the corresponding ETM manual. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Andreas, Not sure where you get the impression from that we have currently resources free to implement CTI support. Our schedule is quite packed at the moment with paid projects so we have to prioritize and manage our resources accordingly. While CTI is an important feature for multi core debugging it makes up only ~0.1% of our customer base. So demand is extremely low compared to other features the majority of our customer requires for day to day business. As said adding CTI support is on…

• Hello Max, no worries, good to hear that you are up and running again. We will consider this thread as solved now. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Hard to tell without knowing anything about your setup. What RTOS are you instrumenting here? Did you follow the steps described in the manual? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. There is no built in way for this in Embedded Studio. But you can do this manually by e.g. setting stack and heap to a certain fill value after reset with the SEGGER Linker as explained in the manual e.g. 0xCD as fill value: segger.com/doc/UM20005_Linker.html Now let your application run and with the memory window you can check the memory areas of stack and heap and analyze what the current usage is. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Max, Which version of Embedded Studio are you using? Could you give the latest version a try? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Is something not explained in the manual? With SystemView we also ship 4 different RTOS configs which you can used for reference. The same manual was also used to instrument our own RTOS embOS. So all information needed to do this can be found in that manual. There is no secret knowledge here. Generally an instrumentation that worked with SystemView V2 should work with V3. In your case the crash seems to happen on the target side. When the crash happens on the target, the host version of …

• Hello, Have you configured SystemView as described in the SystemView Manual and here? Did you call traceSTART(); after your board init? As a sanitycheck that SystemView is geneally working with your setup could you give the following embOS BSP a try as embOS is instrumented natively by SystemView? - download the embOS trial pack here: segger.com/downloads/embos/emb…texM_EmbeddedStudio_Trial - install Embedded Studio segger.com/downloads/embedded-studio/ - unpack the embOS zip - navigate to \Star…

• Hello, Mike, this is expected behaviour. See here: [SOLVED] some defined phrase can't go to definition normally This thread will be closed as duplicate. Best regards, Nino