Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I did get a response from Keil and they said my installation might be corrupted. Based on their suggestion I deleted the existing Keil folder and re-installed a fresh download of Keil in the default folder. c:\Keil_v5. After doing this, and re-installing the license, I tried selecting the J-Link as the debugger in a project. As soon as I hit the 'Settings' button after selecting the J-Link I got the same error, "either JL2CM3.dll or some other dll's were missing". If I inspect the folder c:\Keil…

• My keil_v5 compiler is not connecting with the J-link / J-trace Cortex debug selection. When I choose SELECT it displays Error!!! Cannot load driver C:\Keil-v5\Arm\Segger\JL2CM3.dll. I do see that driver at that path location. This setup worked at one time, but since then my HDD crashed. I needed to recover everything from my HDD and put on SSD. I have no problems with other Keil projects connecting through a ST-Link debugger to Nucleo boards, so I think the Keil set-up is fine. I can execute J-…

• I'll answer my own question.... After some digging it looks like I can't use the VCOM port on a 10-pin connector. It takes the Rx and Tx on separate pins according to the JLINK manual. Unfortunately, my small board can't take the large connector.

• I have the J-LINK working for the jtag interface to my STM32G431 project. I am using the 5 pins (SWDIO/TMS, SWCLK/TCK, SWO, JTDI, and JTRST). Is there a way to use this same interface simultaneously with a virtual com port to the MCU? What is the pin connection from these pins to the com port Rx and Tx?. Thanks, Brian

• Hi Fabian, I do believe this was an issue with the KEIL. I was able to install Ozone and load the KEIL *.axf file in Ozone and do debug on either device. I believe this problem is closed now. Thanks, Brian

• The J-Link manual, page 141 segger.com/downloads/jlink/UM08001_JLink.pdf Thanks for your help !! I appreciate it, Brian

• Replying to my own question. I believe what is happening is that when the STLINK is held in reset it does not write the port bit to enable the 3.3V switch that supplies Vdd to the G431. I moved the jumper on JP5 to 5V_CHRG and left the reset jumper on JP1. Now the G431 gets it's 3.3V enabled and the hardware is happy. The JTAG chaining is a separate issue to be addressed elsewhere.

• I've read in some Segger documentation the limit on the number of jtag devices is 8. Is this still the case today (Sept 2020) ? I recently found out the STM32 MCU's I am using have two jtag devices each (ex the STM32G431 and STM32F302). Does this mean if I chain 4 MCU the jtag will see 8 devices? So my limit on chained MCU's is 4? Thanks, Brian

• Hi All, This is updated 9/17/20 with my latest progress. My interconnection of the two boards was wrong due to a misunderstanding of how TDO is routed on the board. I was able to get the Gerber files and review them so this update includes that information. I interconnected the boards per the new diagram. The connection of the first device TDO to the JTag TDI required removing SB15 and soldering in two wires to go to the appropriate connection. The photo shows the modification to SB15 with wires…

• Hi, I'm trying to connect to the G431 on a Nucleo G431 board and ST gives two options. Using an external debug tool to program and debug the on-board STM32 There are two basic ways to support an external debug tool: 1. Keep the embedded STLINK-V3E running. Power on the STLINK-V3E at first until the COM LED turns red.Then connect the external debug tool through the CN4 STDC14/MIPI-10 debug connector ug 2. Set the embedded STLINK-V3E in high-impedance state: when jumper JP1 (STLK_RST) is ON, the e…