Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• samsam -

Replied to the thread strlen bug?.

Ok I added couple additions and function calls to trigger variables evaluation, but still getting weird results :( Still cant find any logic in the math returned - tomorrow with fresh mind will look it again :( One thing only is sure - the Locals Window in…
  • awneil -

Replied to the thread Target Connection Has Been Lost - but why?.

Hmmm ... now a new behaviour: The RTT trace has stopped, the Target has restarted - but the J-Link is still showing as 'Connected' so the SES Debug view is still there, but doing nothing. BTW This is SES 3.40 and a Nordic nRF52832. It's only started…
  • awneil -

Replied to the thread Target Connection Has Been Lost - but why?.

OK, so I found the option to enable a J-Link Log file. In the log file, I see this pattern repeating: Source Code (12 lines) which, I guess, is the J-Link polling for RTT data? Towards the end of the log, it changes to: Source Code (10 lines)which…
  • awneil -

Posted the thread Target Connection Has Been Lost - but why?.

Thread
    While debugging, I am getting 'Target connection has been lost' after a while: forum.segger.com/index.php/Att…efeb81558938f9ba51731e973 The trouble is, the debugger then closes immediately - so all the RTT debug output, etc, up to that point is…
  • tpimh -

Replied to the thread Simple project using libopencm3 in SES.

Sorry for late reply, I have successfully built libopencm3. Here is my solution (it's not perfect, but it seems to work): XML Source Code (84 lines)It only works for STM32F1 now and needs to be modified to build for other targets. Quote from awneil: “I…
  • Sergey22 -

Replied to the thread How to use external flash script from SES.

Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “Hello, If you are simply looking for a way to start an external tool via a button you could look at Embedded Studios external tools interface. studio.segger.com/ide_external_tools_file_format.htm To edit the file go to…
  • awneil -

What optimisation setting are you using? It is possible (even likely) that "useless" variables will be removed by the optimiser, or that their values may not actually be set until "needed" I wouldn't expect any IDE's 'Watch' facility to be able to just…
  • samsam -

Thank you for the replies, but even if we forget watch windows - just look on the first snapshot I posted: There are couple uint16_t initialized before the breakpoint @150-153: lenXX, lenX, lenY, len As you can see on the right side the variables that…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. strlen will not work in the watch window as this is no static variable information. You can use sizeof(variable) though. I also tested strlen in source code and it was working as expected. Did you include…
  • Kampi -

Posted the thread Debugging Assembler project with J-Link Edu.

Thread
    Hello, I have created a Assembler project. I use a C/C++ template project and change the needed parts (linker script, processor, etc.). My project gets compiled and linked and I can start the debugger, but the breakpoints doesn´t work as I expected. I…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread SES, CLANG compilation Database and SourceTrail.

Hello Christian, Thank you for your inquiry. Could you elaborate what you are exactly trying to do? What do you mean by "generate the compilation database for the CLANG"? If you mean that you want to use clang instead of gcc in your projects you can set…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Run static code analysis from batch command line.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. emBuild is solely a build tool so the requested features are not available. But you can of course call third party tools that use the output of emBuild. Best regards, Nino
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread How to use external flash script from SES.

Hello, If you are simply looking for a way to start an external tool via a button you could look at Embedded Studios external tools interface. studio.segger.com/ide_external_tools_file_format.htm To edit the file go to File->Open Studio Folder->External…
  • awneil -

Replied to the thread SES, CLANG compilation Database and SourceTrail.

Have you seen this: Quote from Sourcetrail documentation: “ Supported Languages C C support is powered by Clang 8.0.1. For issues loading C code, please have a look at Clang language compatibility or report a bug in our bug tracker. ”
  • awneil -

If there were a problem in the source, then you would get a build error or warning. Remember that all the 'C' language str... functions require a NUL-terminated string to work. Again, are you sure that the SES debugger 'Quick Watch' window is even…
  • samsam -

I tried either way - in code when reach and pass the strlen operator and the code dies (I forgot already, but I think dies without any warning). That is why I start trace it
  • SEGGER - Schoenen -

Replied to the thread Set Touch Area of a Widget.

Hi, there is no default API for such a case. But, you could create an invisible window behind the widget and react on touch input (WM_TOUCH). Depending on the widget you can tell it to expand (DROPDOWN). But I doubt that this is easy for all the…
  • htsmith19 -

Posted the thread Set Touch Area of a Widget.

Thread
    Hi, Is there a way of increasing the touch area of a widget, for instance a dropdown, without increasing the size of the widget. Am I able to set an area around the widget where if touched will open the dropdown for example or notify the parent…
  • awneil -

Quote from samsam: “Cant use strlen(stringxx) ” Is that in your 'C' source code, or just in the SES debugger 'Quick Watch' window? Is the SES debugger 'Quick Watch' window even supposed to be able to evaluate the result of a function call?