Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• japa -

Posted the thread Internal flash memory erased using J-Link Commander.

Thread
    Hi, I am using Cortex M4 EFM32 Pearl gecko chip (EFM32PG12B500F1024GL125) to write and read a configuration file using J-Link Commander. While doing this process, I erased the internal flash memory of the chip using "erase" command. Is there any way by…
  • geom12 -

Replied to the thread Solution build not triggering project build.

Hello, Thanks, I must have missed that in the release notes so we'll give it a try. We're still testing 4.18 since it looks like the embedded version of GCC had a major point change and we're seeing some perf loss.
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread J-Link EDU for reading ETM of ARM Cortex-M4 series.

Hello Giacomo, Thank you for your inquiry. That data can only be accessed with a J-Link EDU if the target device has an MTB or ETB implemented. In all other cases a J-Trace PRO would be needed to capture the ETM data that is streamed out of the trace…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread SAMA5 ETB trace.

Hello, We tried to reproduce the issue with a SAMA5D2 XPlained Ultra but everything was working as expected with Embedded Studio and Ozone. Are you using the same board? If not which one? If you are using the same board, did you convert the EDBG to…
  • SEGGER - Schoenen -

Replied to the thread TTF FONT issue?.

Hi which version of emWin are you using? Can you post an example which shows how to reproduce the behavior? Regards, Sven
  • giaval -

Posted the thread J-Link EDU for reading ETM of ARM Cortex-M4 series.

Thread
    Dear all, do you know if J-Link EDU can be used to access data stored within ETM? From the documentation, it is clear that J-Link EDU does not support tracing of ARM M-series, but the question is whether it is able to access data stored within ETM, also…
  • Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The J-Link software version you are using is a couple of months old. Could you give the latest software version a try? segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack Does that solve the issue? Best…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Solution build not triggering project build.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. With the latest Embedded Studio V4.18 you should now have the pre build option as a solution option as well. Could you give it a try? Is that what you were looking for? Best regards, Nino
  • LexaGb -

Replied to the thread Can GUI_CreateDialogBox() generate WM_CREATE message?.

Hello, it is nothing wrong with your dialog. The WM_CREATE message is for simple windows. For dialog windows you should use the WM_INIT_DIALOG message instead of WM_CREATE. Just change it in your callback _cbLoading(). Also you should call any…
  • Problem solved: There were two Debuggers attached (targetting different devices) and they were (for some reason) swapped ... Regards Marcus
  • ozersa -

Posted the thread JLink Debug issue On ARM926EJ-S.

Thread
    Hello i am trying to add a new device support in JLink.dll depend on the below page instructions. wiki.segger.com/Open_Flashloader#Create_a_Flash_Loader My device is ARM9 based chip and it does not have internal flash, it able to drive external…
  • Ross Lee -

Posted the thread Can GUI_CreateDialogBox() generate WM_CREATE message?.

Thread
    When I use GUI_CreateDialogBox() to create a dialog including a window, I find that the code in WM_CREATE branch of callback function is not excuted. Then I set breakpoint in WM_CREATE branch and find it never arrived. However, if I just use…
  • Bit -

Posted the thread TTF FONT issue?.

Thread
    Hi, Use GUI_TTF_CreateFontAA to create 6 different font sizes. The initial display of the window is normal. After the WM_PAINT, the display is abnormal. Is this a bug? Please clarify. Thanks a lots
  • geom12 -

Posted the thread Solution build not triggering project build.

Thread
    When building from the solution level, per-project pre-build steps are not triggered. Attached is a sample project file. Not that the linker is unhappy but that should not matter (and is a completely different SES bug) What should happen on solution…
  • 40490FDB -

Trying to run the example in Embedded Studio (release 4.18) results in an error message: Failed to download application. Generic error. Please check J-Link and target connection. Ozone is V2.62f. When I select "Start Debugging" "Download and Reset…
  • I am getting this error message, only after using breakpoints. I have swapped debuggers but no joy. This just started out of the blue. Any help will be appreciated. SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V6.34c - Terminal output channel Connection closed by the GDB…
  • Hello all, I am not able to erase the STM32H743 anymore using the Segger J-Trace Pro (SW interface) within Keil MDK v5.25, while the ST-Link V2 works - with otherwise identical configuration. Erasing/flashing the STM32F767 on the same board (only µC…
  • Kusum Swarankar -

Replied to the thread WM_SetDesktopColor behaviour.

Hi Sven, I tried callling WM_SetDesktopColor only once after GUI_Init. but what i see is it is not working for other window if i am not calling it again after deleting one window and creating other. I am also using super loop for updating the screens but…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Hello, I moved the inquiry to a new thread as this question is not related to the other. Both J-Links support ETB trace on the SAMA5 target device. Do you get any error message? Which version of Ozone are you using? Do you get any error messages? Best…
  • SEGGER - Schoenen -

Replied to the thread How to trim leading zeros in spinbox?.

Hi, Try the code below. First get the EDIT handle from the SPINBOX and then modify the EDIT widget. Although it is not documented, you can pass the flag GUI_EDIT_SUPRESS_LEADING_ZEROES to the function EDIT_SetDecMode(). I will update the manual. C…