Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Remo -

Replied to the thread Has the J-Link Plus an internal series resistor on the RESET pin?.

Hi Thank you very much for your answer. When J-Link drives the reset to LOW, is there any series resistor? Best regards Remo
  • Hi, Your first screenshot shows that the virtual COM port and the MSD (drag & drop programming) part of the OB was enumerated successfully. However, there is a 3rd component in the USB descriptor that is the J-Link itself. You should see this as…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread Has the J-Link Plus an internal series resistor on the RESET pin?.

Hi, the reset pin of J-Link is open drain. J-Link only drives it LOW in case it is activated. To generate a HIGH level, it releases the pin and let a pull-up do the work. So this is short-circuit proof. BR Alex
  • I just recently got both nRF51422 and nRF52844 DK. However, when I tried to connect through J-LINK, the error message popped up: No emulators connected via USB. Do you want to connect through TCP/IP? I have checked in Device Manager that J-link has…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread some defined phrase can't go to definition normally.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. What version of Embedded Studio are you using? Could you try the latest one? If the issue appears with the latest version as well, could you provide an example project for reproduction…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread solution&creating new project.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Not sure what the issue is. Why would we remove an option that our customers use and are happy with it? If you want to create a new emProject file each time you have to create a new solution. If you want to have…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Cannot change any fonts in Preferences.

Hello Dan, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. We gave it a try with macOS and Ozone V3.22b and the font could be changed via the GUI with no issues for us. Which version of macOS are you currently using? How did you install…
  • Remo -

Posted the thread Has the J-Link Plus an internal series resistor on the RESET pin?.

Thread
    Hi I would like to know if the reset pin (Pinout for SWD: Pin 15) of the J-Link Plus has an internal series resistor? We must ensure that the J-Link Plus is short circuit proof for the case when the reset pin (of the chip that is currently debugged) is…
  • Severence -

Replied to the thread GD32F350CBT6 Support.

So i set everything up in Keil uVision5 and programmed the .hex file their, it was sucsessful and i was then able to read back the entire flash within J-Flash (though i had to specify the range) I'm still unable to do the programming via J-Flash…
  • Hi, The routines LISTWHEEL_MoveToPos() and LISTWHEEL_SetPos() simply change the wheel position, but do not change the selection. LISTWHEEL_SetSel() should be used to set the selection. However, I just noticed that LISTWHEEL_SetSel() does not notify the…
  • SEGGER - Florian -

Replied to the thread How to close a window when a button is pressed.

Hi, Quote from giusloq: “Probably the sentence in the manual explains why GUI_ALLOC_GetNumFreeBytes() doesn't return the same number after one WM_CreateWindow() and one WM_DeleteWindow(). This is ok, but the number should be almost the same with the…
  • Hello, emWin 6.16, when using LISTWHEEL_MoveToPos function, the WM_NOTIFICATION_SEL_CHANGED notification is not being sent upon movement is finished. Is that intended??
  • giusloq -

Quote from SEGGER - Florian: “What you are describing is not a memory leak, but normal behavior of emWin's memory management. ” It was really a memory leak, because after some open and close the child window, emWin crashes for an out of memory…
  • warlord -

Florian, How can user find out if there is a memory leak or not, with such normal behavior of emWin's memory management??
  • SEGGER - Florian -

Hi, What you are describing is not a memory leak, but normal behavior of emWin's memory management. You can find a description about emWin's memory management in the manual under "Configuration -> Memory management". I have attached an excerpt…
  • SEGGER - Florian -

Replied to the thread Problem disabling bitmap tiling in emWin.

Hi, BytesPerLine are calculated as follows: ((BitsPerPixel / 8 * XSize). The bits per pixel depend on the bitmap format. GUI_DRAW_BMPM8888I is a 32bpp format, therefore for your bitmap the BytesPerLine would be ((32 / 8 * 18) = 72. But the data in the…
  • uni -

Replied to the thread J-Link EDU with ARM9.

Yes, I can provide a project. I will try to create a minimal project that demonstrates the same behavior. This is an old device. And maybe now it is too old and not fully supported? The picture below shows the debugger (Base) working in a different IAR…
  • Josh123 -

Replied to the thread Problem disabling bitmap tiling in emWin.

Hey Florian, The widget is not created through AppWizard, but through emWin code. I think the problem is with the way I am setting up the GUI_BITMAP structure: const GUI_BITMAP WarningImageBitmap = { 18, // XSize 16, // YSize 40, // BytesPerLine 32,…
  • Severence -

Replied to the thread GD32F350CBT6 Support.

Don't know if this means anything or gives a clue, but I adjusted the speed to 200Khz in the same project and the following changed as compared with the above in the log - CPUID register: 0x410FC241. Implementer code: 0x41 (ARM) - Found Cortex-M4 r0p1,…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread JLINK connection error.

If everything until halting the CPU works fine, the J-Link HW is okay. As it was working before with your HW and then stopped working, it sounds like an application change that caused this. Is it possible that the same code runs on both boards? Reg.…