Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• eyal.gal -

Posted the thread example project that works with the segger linker instead of gcc.

Thread
    I was looking in the example directory of sdk 152. and 15.3, i looked for a SES project example that uses SEGGER Linker. Could not find any ;( i tried using grep to look for one of the icf file in the segger studio 'sample' directory. non was found. also…
  • Hi, I hope you can help me. I programmed all of my Thingys (Thingy 52) multiple times with the Developement Bord from Nordic with SEGGER Embedded Studio and there were no problems. Now this Error appears at only some of them (3 out of 20): "Connecting
  • UserZbh -

Posted the thread Disable UI dialogs on windows.

Thread
    Hi, I am making an automated script for testing devices using JLink Commander, but having hard time with unwanted dialogs on win. Issue 1: First I need to check whether emulator and board are connected to my laptop. I do this by running JLink…
  • Hi. i read the segger linker manual so i have an idea how and what sould be changed from the ld script. do i still need to remove the thumb.s from the project and import segger linker's .S file from the examples ? does the segger linker contains the…
  • whazin -

Posted the thread J-Link RTT Viewer Hangs.

Thread
    Hello: I am able to debug and output to the J-link RTT Viewer(V6.44e) and when I stop debugging or sometimes randomly, the Viewer will display the message "Warning: IAC character followed by invalid character(nonhexadecimal)" and the Viewer freezes and…
  • SEGGER - Michael -

Replied to the thread Task state values.

Hello ndongre, May I ask for the reason why you want to check a tasks state? The values of the task states are not described in the manual as we prohibit the use of embOS internal variables. Please note that embOS internal variables and structures as…
  • ndongre -

Posted the thread Task state values.

Thread
    The OS_TASK struct has a variable "stat" with the type OS_STAT. I assume it indicates the state of the current task. As per documentation, - the state can be ready, waiting, reason for suspension, etc. Can you please tell me what values of "stat"…
  • TxCodeMonkey -

Replied to the thread Debug Terminal broken v3.40 --> v4.22 ?.

I found to get consistent results with the nRF52 and RTT I had to change the following definition to 0. #define NRF_FPRINTF_FLAG_AUTOMATIC_CR_ON_LF_ENABLED 0 We here are using the NRF_LOG* calls and have made the SEGGER upgrades. edit: I will add, the…
  • awneil -

Replied to the thread 'Debug Terminal' (RTT) Window - log to file?.

except to say that it would be nice for the log file to be (optionally) timestamped ... :D
  • Sorry for disturbance, but I would need help to know if through the JTAG I can program an external flash connected to a microprocessor and in case which SEGGER SW/HW tool I have to use. The microprocessor is a “MCIMX6S5EVM10ACR” and through the EIM…
  • Ross Lee -

Replied to the thread STemwin run into HardFault_Handler when GUI_CreateDialogBox().

Problem is solved. When the SDRAM clock frequency drops from 72Mhz to 36Mhz, the emwin runs well. The SDRAM controller need to be check and reconfigured later but the emwin is ok.
  • awneil -

I guess this thread can be closed - as the question about the log file is resolved. I'll make a separate thread for the issue with the Debug Terminal display: forum.segger.com/index.php/Thr…minal-broken-v3-40-v4-22/
  • awneil -

Posted the thread Debug Terminal broken v3.40 --> v4.22 ?.

Thread
    See: 'Debug Terminal' (RTT) Window - log to file? An nRF52 project initially created in v3.40 - the RTT logging to the Debug Terminal worked fine. I rebuilt the project in v4.22, unmodified (apart from adding a log file) and the Debug Terminal window…
  • awneil -

I just tried it in v4.22, with an unmodified nRF52 project from v3.40. I rebuilt the project, downloaded, and run. In the GUI window, I get a whole load of blank lines where v3.40 showed trace. (looks like only line which had an explicit \n show?) In…
  • awneil -

Replied to the thread How to jump to last edit in source code?.

Quote from TylerD: “Please tell me that there is something similar in Segger Studio? ” Yes - that would be nice!
  • efi -

Posted the thread Ozone v.2.70 and C++ Lambdas.

Thread
    Hi, I just wonder if anyone is using C++ Lambdas and Ozone ? I tried, but Ozone stopped with the message : "An unexpected exception occurred and Ozone needs to close."... when starting up the project. I had no problem compiling it using C++14/GCC++…
  • TylerD -

Posted the thread Find references is painfully slow.

Thread
    I have recently started using SES when working with Nordic nRF52 BLE chip. Coming from Eclipse background, the "find references" functionality in SES seems to be really slow. A simple search of any references to function X in my project takes about 15…
  • TylerD -

Posted the thread How to jump to last edit in source code?.

Thread
    Is there some way in the SES editor to jump to the place where last edit was made to the code? In Eclipse, this can be done by hitting CTRL+Q and I use it all the time. (Navigate -> "last edit location"). Please tell me that there is something similar…
  • volodymyr -

Replied to the thread Dialog on top of dialog.

Quote from evanb3: “Found solution, call WM_SetStayOnTop() after GUI_CreateDialogBox() ” Instead WM_SetStayOnTop() you can use the function WM_BringToTop() for each window or dialog which should be moved on top. But in some cases WM_SetStayOnTop() is…