Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Andrzej -

Posted the thread STM32F746G-Discovery.

Thread
    When to use _cbCallback and when _cbDialog?
  • v01d -

Replied to the thread Relocate symbols in OZONE.

• Interesting. So you saying, If I understand it right, it's coming out of reset but then is to quick for you to halt it ? Have you tried: connect to to the core, halt; set hardware bp at your wanted reset stop (0x908000 seems), reset the target &…
  • v01d -

Replied to the thread RTOS plugin when no GDBServer used ( = IDE / tool uses jlink dll ).

Quote: “How to use them is explained in Ozone manual. ” Does it mean I can use Ozone's plugin (so library) in another IDE? Just making sure I understand it. (Through a public available API to the RTOS's *.so ? or how ? )
  • v01d -

Replied to the thread How to set JLink to never power the board.

Hi, Quote: “Could you clarify which isolator you are currently using? ” USB Isolator -> segger.com/products/debug-prob…tors/j-link-usb-isolator/ Quote: “Does the same behavior occur when using another target board? ” Yes, I have purchased…
  • cymatics -

Replied to the thread JLink EDU and Renesas HEW and E2 Studio.

Thanks again. Were you ever able to find any potential solutions mentioned with using JLink with the RX and getting it working? It looks like i'm going to ask for a refund on the JLink Edu. The Renesas E2 Lite is a little cheaper than the Edu. Since…
  • cowens -

My experience is Segger points to Renesas and Renesas points to Segger. The JLink does work fine with arm based renesas cpus. The E1 debugger works without any issues out of the box with e2 studio and HEW.
  • cymatics -

Thank you for your reply. At least i know that i'm not the only one experiencing this. I have left messages on this Segger website as well as the Renesas website, but so far, i have not heard of any solutions (actually, yours is the first reply i've…
  • cowens -

I seem to recall similar experiences when attempting to use a JLink with a non-arm Renesas CPU. I tried for awhile to use a Jlink pro with a RX62N on e2 studio (version 7.0 I think -- maybe 6.2) and gave up and just went back to the Renesas E1. …
  • cymatics -

The full message i get in E2 Studio when the mouse pointer hovers over any particular PDR register settings is (eg): Failed to execute MI command: -data-evaluate-expression &(0xFFu) Error message from debugger back end: Attempt to take address of value…
  • cymatics -

I have been trying to modify the debug settings including GDB Server settings in E2 Studio, but i cannot get the emulator to actually upload the firmware to my board. However, i can toggle the IO register bits on the RX630 through the E2 interface.…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread How to set JLink to never power the board.

Hi, Could you clarify which isolator you are currently using? Does the same behavior occur when using another target board? Could you measure the voltage of the J-Link's 5V-pin when power off perm is used? Do you get the same Voltage reading…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread Cortex M0 Downloading file Unspecified Error -1.

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please send us a J-Link log file? How to enable: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File Could you also send us a screenshot of the full J-Link commander output? Could you also tell us, what chip exactly…
  • cymatics -

Posted the thread JLink EDU and Renesas HEW and E2 Studio.

Thread
    Hi, I have not found this issue on the forum, so apologies if it has been covered already. I recently bought a JLink EDU and have started using it with Renesas' HEW and E2 Studio. In the case with HEW, the emulator setup only allowed me to select the…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread RTOS plugin when no GDBServer used ( = IDE / tool uses jlink dll ).

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The IDE and Ozone use different awareness plug ins than GDBServer. ES: wiki.segger.com/Enable_RTOS_Awareness_in_Embedded_Studio Ozone: Shipped with Ozone. Can be found in Ozone installation folder under Plugins. How…
  • Dear Community, Please find the reproduction steps (i.MX6Q): Power cycle the board Stop at U-Boot prompt ./JLinkGDBServerExe -select IP=192.168.2.72 -device MCIMX6Q6 -endian little -if JTAG -speed auto -noir -noLocalhostOnly (gdb) target remote…
  • SEGGER - Florian -

Replied to the thread GUI_TIMER_Create.

Hi Pieter, window timers still do its job when you use multiple windows. You can create and react on timers with different windows, you just need the window handle the timer will be attached to. What applies for both kinds of timers, is that you still…
  • Pieter Eggermont -

Replied to the thread GUI_TIMER_Create.

Hi, I have different windows (multiple pages system) so using a window timer is no option for me. It works now because I defined the time before the main loop once. When I than restart the timer this is working. The case that was not working is…
  • Dear Community, I need to tune the default reset sequence (executed thereafter with 'mo reset'). The problem: ------------------- Stop SoC (i.MX6Q) just after powering it up (in the early SRAM - 0x908000 address in this case). This is necessary for…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Forum as non support? How about your sale description.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Quote from v01d: “I find this is nonsense as far as 'not a support forum' goes. Please look on what is printed on the page inside of my purchased Segger J-Link EDU unit, see photo attached. ” Good catch. The EDU…