Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• shuodo -

Posted the thread 20 pin 0.1" to 10-pin 0.05" JTAG adapter.

Thread
    Hi, My JETSON-AGX-Xavier has an 10-pin (2x5, 0.05 inch pitch) JTAG header. So I need a 20 pin 0.1" to 10-pin 0.05" JTAG adapter to connect my J-Link to my Xavier's JTAG header. I want to know will one of these works (or both work):
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Simple project using libopencm3 in SES.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Great to hear that you found a solution to implement the library in your project. For completion for other users that stumble upon this thread, Embedded Studio comes with a CPU support package manager that uses CMSIS…
  • bearsh -

Replied to the thread Ozone: Display issue in Ozone.

Hi Nino Ok, how should I submit the files? Is there a way without attaching it to this thread/forum? EDIT: I've created a ticket: Inquiry#60127403
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Debugging Assembler project with J-Link Edu.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. A question mark on a breakpoint usually indicates that for this code part no instructions have been compiled and it is not part of the currently debugged application. This can be due to compiler optimization, not using…
  • Hello Christian, Thank you for your inquiry. The makefile exported from Embedded Studio sets paths as they are used inside Embedded Studio. This will also work for most makefile compatible third party tools. If you use other third party tools that…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Target Connection Has Been Lost - but why?.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Usually a connection drops when a target does an illegal memory access and crashes or when the target goes to sleepmode or executes a WFI. Is one of these points possible for your setup? Best regards, Nino
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread Ozone: Display issue in Ozone.

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. Could you provide a snapshot and the corresponding elf file for reproduction? You can take the snapshot in Ozone via Debug->Save Snapshot. Leave all options on when taking the…
  • bearsh -

Posted the thread Ozone: Display issue in Ozone.

Thread
    With Ozone v3.10 (on Ubuntu 18.04) I have similar display issues like described in [SOLVED] Ozone: Corrupted code profile window see also attached screenshot. thx
  • samsam -

Replied to the thread strlen bug?.

Ok I added couple additions and function calls to trigger variables evaluation, but still getting weird results :( Still cant find any logic in the math returned - tomorrow with fresh mind will look it again :( One thing only is sure - the Locals Window in…
  • awneil -

Hmmm ... now a new behaviour: The RTT trace has stopped, the Target has restarted - but the J-Link is still showing as 'Connected' so the SES Debug view is still there, but doing nothing. BTW This is SES 3.40 and a Nordic nRF52832. It's only started…
  • awneil -

OK, so I found the option to enable a J-Link Log file. In the log file, I see this pattern repeating: Source Code (12 lines) which, I guess, is the J-Link polling for RTT data? Towards the end of the log, it changes to: Source Code (10 lines)which…
  • awneil -

Posted the thread Target Connection Has Been Lost - but why?.

Thread
    While debugging, I am getting 'Target connection has been lost' after a while: forum.segger.com/index.php/Att…e7fb7e17b15879ce5154717e1 The trouble is, the debugger then closes immediately - so all the RTT debug output, etc, up to that point is…
  • tpimh -

Replied to the thread Simple project using libopencm3 in SES.

Sorry for late reply, I have successfully built libopencm3. Here is my solution (it's not perfect, but it seems to work): XML Source Code (84 lines)It only works for STM32F1 now and needs to be modified to build for other targets. Quote from awneil: “I…
  • Sergey22 -

Replied to the thread How to use external flash script from SES.

Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “Hello, If you are simply looking for a way to start an external tool via a button you could look at Embedded Studios external tools interface. studio.segger.com/ide_external_tools_file_format.htm To edit the file go to…
  • awneil -

What optimisation setting are you using? It is possible (even likely) that "useless" variables will be removed by the optimiser, or that their values may not actually be set until "needed" I wouldn't expect any IDE's 'Watch' facility to be able to just…
  • samsam -

Thank you for the replies, but even if we forget watch windows - just look on the first snapshot I posted: There are couple uint16_t initialized before the breakpoint @150-153: lenXX, lenX, lenY, len As you can see on the right side the variables that…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. strlen will not work in the watch window as this is no static variable information. You can use sizeof(variable) though. I also tested strlen in source code and it was working as expected. Did you include…
  • Kampi -

Posted the thread Debugging Assembler project with J-Link Edu.

Thread
    Hello, I have created a Assembler project. I use a C/C++ template project and change the needed parts (linker script, processor, etc.). My project gets compiled and linked and I can start the debugger, but the breakpoints doesn´t work as I expected. I…
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Replied to the thread SES, CLANG compilation Database and SourceTrail.

Hello Christian, Thank you for your inquiry. Could you elaborate what you are exactly trying to do? What do you mean by "generate the compilation database for the CLANG"? If you mean that you want to use clang instead of gcc in your projects you can set…