Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• mookiedog -

Posted the thread RTT Output Delayed by Deep Sleep?.

Thread
    I am working with an Ambiq Apollo3 Cortex M4 processor on a SparkFun Artemis module using Segger Embedded Studio. I have a FreeRTOS program that performs a task every 4 seconds. The task takes roughly 100 mSec to run. When FreeRTOS has nothing to do,…
  • Sorry for the confusion. Our application is very power sensitive and the EFM32's debug interface uses a significant amount of power when enabled. This interface is enabled when hitting the "resume / go" button. I am looking for a method to "go" but…
  • bio_med -

Replied to the thread Reading from SD card.

Florian, I converted images to bitmap using bitmap converter. Is there a requirement for the file size/IS there a certain way to do it? I am using M565 so I open files through bitmap converter and convert it to 16 bit color 565 and save as *.bmp. I…
  • vikramtathe -

Replied to the thread GIF display issue on LCD.

Hello, On which target have you executed the program? I have shared emwin_support.txt file to verify the memory related configurations. Could you please verify memory related configurations and let me know what should be the correct configurations…
  • JanBurg -

Replied to the thread Hardware fault when in loop for longer time.

Thank you for your quick answer, Florian. My loop is not empty, a lot of calculations are done there which must not be delayed. And wouldn't GUI_Exec do the same as GUI_Delay? Can there be a hardware fault at all when not refreshing emWin? Regards Jan
  • SEGGER - Florian -

Replied to the thread GIF display issue on LCD.

Hi, I could run your example both in the simulation and on a target. So there is nothing wrong with your code. Do you have enough memory? emWin needs about 16KB of RAM for decompression of the GIF image. Best regards, Florian
  • thomask77 -

Replied to the thread STM32H743 DBGMCU register reads as zero when using ETF-Trace.

Do you have any update on this topic? Or do you have an example work-around script? It's not entirely clear how I could write one myself..
  • Akatosh -

Replied to the thread Processor frezzes after Enabled the Interrupt source.

Thank you for replay I moved the program by the import. I didn't follow the troubleshooting yet. I checked now the sample solution and it compiled but after I run debug the program instantly goes to "HardFault_Handler". And I think that is only just…
  • SEGGER - Florian -

Hi, I've tried to display your image with the sample, but nothing showed up on the screen. It worked fine with another BMP image though, so I guess something's wrong with your image file? You could convert it to another file type and still display it…
  • SEGGER - Florian -

Replied to the thread Hardware fault when in loop for longer time.

Hi, a loop like this keeps emWin alive: C Source Code (3 lines)I hope this solved your problem. Best regards, Florian
  • JanBurg -

Posted the thread Hardware fault when in loop for longer time.

Thread
    Hi, I'm using emWin with an STM32F7. I noticed that the system crashes with a hard fault when the program executes a longer loop. Is there anything I have to do to keep emWin alive? Until now I have called GUI_Exec() in some loops but it doesn't help in…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Unable to upgrade firmware on J-Link Edu Mini.

Hi, You are welcome! Good to hear that everything is working as expected now. Best regards, Fabian
  • jlvern -

Replied to the thread Using Embedded studio with a dual core STM32H745?.

What I expected is that there is a master project corresponding to a given core, and that the place of variables and functions of each additional core is allocated sequentially by the linker. Obviously, variables (and functions?) With the same name would…
  • jlvern -

Replied to the thread Using Embedded studio with a dual core STM32H745?.

Hello Nino, "Just make sure they do not overlap" Of course ! But normally, it is precisely the role of the linker to deal with overlapping variables. And how do we do for common variables? Should each of us set its address so that they can be seen by…
  • Avenue33 -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Unable to upgrade firmware on J-Link Edu Mini.

Thank you for your help! It is now possible to connect via J-Link configurator. As an additional benefit, the name of the probe is clean! I went through the document UM08001 (Software Version: 6.60, January 6, 2020) but didn't find the "resetconf"…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread Best approach for multiple MCU flashing.

Hi, 1) You could have 6 J-Links connected to the same PC and let them flash in parallel. (By starting 6 instances of JLinkExe in parallel) 2) You could build a JTAG chain where the 6 PCBs share TDI & TDO However, 2) has the disadvantage that you need…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread No Cortex-M SW Device found.

Hello, Is this a virgin device or is there already software running on it? If there is already software running on it, the SW might enter low power modes that can make the device becoming non-responsive. If there is a fallback for a device for such a…
  • What is the actual question? When you are debugging with Eclipse, you have a "resume" / "go" button. This will resume the program execution, meaning "leave debug mode and continue user program execution"
  • bio_med -

Florian, I am trying to implement the examples you gave me, images seem to overlap. Is there a way to set things somewhere that helps display picture without overlap. Please see attached overlap image and the image that shows how it is supposed to look…
  • bio_med -

Florian, Thank you so much for the response. I will try these examples. Best regards, BMD