Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread Need to run Flasher RX on Win10.

By the way: The correct tool to use for Flasher RX is the "J-Flash" software. The "Flasher V2.x" software is only compatible to the legacy Flasher 5 / Flasher 5 PRO programmers which do not even support RX. J-Flash is part of the software package:
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread J-Link VCOM max baudrate..

There may be a misunderstanding here. You wrote: 1250000 baud => 1,250,000 baud => 1.25 MBaud The J-Link EDU V10 does not have any hardware UART on the VCOM pins, so it does things in software. This means it has a certain limit of what is doable. Max.…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread TMS470 on J-link with J-Flash.

You have an TMS470R1VF67 but selected a TMS470R1B512 in the J-Link software. These two devices are not guaranteed to be compatible from the flash programming point of view. We do not give any warranty that what you are doing will work. You are on your…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread segmentation fault on linux ARM.

Hi Guillaume, Thanks for providing the log file. I do not see anything in the log file that indicates a crash / segmentation fault. The connection to the device is established, followed by a very loooong sequence…
  • Hello, So far, your chip seems to be the only one out there that does not support the traditional JTAG / SWD selection sequences. We do not have seen any other request reg. this in the last couple of years since we support SWD. There are currently no…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread How to check for available licenses using command line only.

Hi Christian, To answer your question reg. closing J-Flash with an error code if called with command line parameters, in case no license is found: We will think about that in the next team meeting which is scheduled for Tuesday. However, I cannot…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread Connecting to Remote J-Link via IP not resolving.

Hi, You are confusing J-Link name with hostname here. The -ip <Name> command was never meant to resolve hostnames but was meant to resolve J-Link nick names to an actual IP. J-Links can be discovered via a special UDP broadcast packet in LAN (This is…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread Abnormal function of Linux JlinkConfigExe.

Hi, We need some add. information to be able to help here. 1. What does "unsuccessful" mean? (J-Link not listed in configurator anymore once switched to CMSIS-DAP mode? Listed but re-configure throws an error? If there is an error message, can you send…
  • taotieren -

Posted the thread Abnormal function of Linux JlinkConfigExe.

Thread
    It was successful to change the Jlink startup mode to CMSIS_DAP using JlinkConfigExe, but it was inoperable to change the Jlink startup mode of CMSIS_DAP mode to Jlink. In the Arch Linux environment. Linux archlinux 5.10.27-1-lts #1 SMP Tue, 30 Mar 2021…
  • FunDeckHermit -

Replied to the thread Adding both .elf file and .svd file with Command Line arguments.

So the "-programFile" argument does not accept an array of files? I was hoping I just got the syntax wrong. Thank you for your help Fabian!
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread Wrong source file opens.

Hi Michael, Hi David, Thank you for your inquiry. Could you please provide us with a sample project (including .elf-file) this issue is reproducible with? Ideally via our Support Ticket System (link below this post, in my signature). Please do also…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread Minimal JTAG pins.

Hi, If you can provide your S/N, we can tell you if your model supports “fixed VTref” and so can avoid having VTH connected.
  • HighRise -

Posted the thread CRC Verification of .bin via J-link ARM.

Thread
    Hi, I have question regarding CRC verification of the data downloaded via Segger device. Below is the snap when I open a .bin file which is to be programmed. 1. Why I see the CRC of Data and CRC of File as same? Is there any setting I need to do?…
  • kyle.berger -

Posted the thread Unable to reprogram STM32 flash without full erase.

Thread
    I am unable to reprogram an STM32 microcontroller unless I perform a full erase before programming. The below code uses CLion, but the same error also happens using the command line version of arm-none-eabi-gdb and JLinkGDBServer. GDB: arm-none-eabi-gdb…
  • cardfish -

Posted the thread Minimal JTAG pins.

Thread
    we need a minimal number of pins to program the STM32H7xx (ARM M7) using the JTRACE/JLINK probes. I was able to program the processor successfully with just SWDIO, SCLK, GND and VTH (3.3V) connected. I'd like to eliminate the 3.3V to save space, but…
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread Adding both .elf file and .svd file with Command Line arguments.

Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, this post is visible. The command line only provides a limited (usually sufficient) setup of the project. All other settings have to be selected manually, from within the project itself. Best regards, Fabian
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread Vendor specific .svd file not fetched when opening .jdebug file.

Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. This issue was already addressed and fixed internally. The fix will be part of V3.22f (next upcoming version). It will be available for download here: segger.com/downloads/jlink#Ozone Best regards, Fabian
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread Ozone crashes after making Disassembly window floating.

Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. Also, thank you for your feedback and the detailed report. This is very valuable for us. I forwarded this as a bug report to the Ozone department. We will resolve this as soon as possible. Best regards, Fabian
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread SystemView Crashes.

Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. There were a couple of these issues fixed in the last version. Could you please check if the issue persists in the latest version? You can download it here: segger.com/downloads/jlink#SystemView Best regards, Fabian
  • SEGGER - Fabian -

Replied to the thread SystemView could not be started.

Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. Could you please try to install the latest version of SystemView? The required libs should be part of the package since V3.12. You can find the latest version here: segger.com/downloads/jlink#SystemView Best…